Is there a trail between south end beaches?

perkypat23

Hi all!!!

Been perusing the Frommer's guide...What we'd LOVE to do is to go to Horseshoe Bay, and then walk to Chaplin Bay, Stonehole Bay, Jobson's Cove, and Warwick Long Bay. Is there a trail between the beaches, or do we have to go back up to the road between each beach? We'd obviously love to simply get on a trail to the next beach if that's possible (or just follow the coastline if that works...)

Thanks!!!

Yes there is a trail that goes from Horseshoe to Warwick Long Bay. Us locals call it "The Dunes". At no point do you have to go back up to the main road and it's not a very challenging walk either, no steep or long hills. You'll like it or my name isn't...bdaguy

Yes there is a trail that goes from Horseshoe to Warwick Long Bay. Us locals call it "The Dunes". At no point do you have to go back up to the main road and it's not a very challenging walk either, no steep or long hills. You'll like it or my name isn't...bdaguy

Wow, thanks for the quick response!!! We'll definitely check out "The Dunes"!!!

pp23

i checked my bermuda guide and it says "the dunes" are about 1 1/2 miles long. we walked this trail last summer and it took about 1 1/2 hours, but we stopped a lot to see the scenery and wade a bit. we started in warwick (we were coming from hamilton) and made our way down to horseshoe. it was a lot of fun. i know i've posted this before and probably sound like broken record, but i really want to encourage people (not inactive folks) to walk the trail. BTW, you might want to stop at the bathroom before you start. i don't remember seeing another WC along the way. and if it's hot, or even if it's not, bring water and wear a hat.

have fun

My boyfriend and I are cruising to Bermuda in 9 days! We're very excited, but since we're only in port for 2 days, we want to make the most of our time. Probably our number one stop is South Shore Beach Trail, or the dunes as you call it. My question is, if we dock at 10 a.m. in the dockyard, do we have enough time to hike this trail and go see the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse? It's close by, I think.

Also...Are there snorkel rentals on any of the beaches along this trail?

My boyfriend and I are cruising to Bermuda in 9 days! We're very excited, but since we're only in port for 2 days, we want to make the most of our time. Probably our number one stop is South Shore Beach Trail, or the dunes as you call it. My question is, if we dock at 10 a.m. in the dockyard, do we have enough time to hike this trail and go see the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse? It's close by, I think.

Also...Are there snorkel rentals on any of the beaches along this trail?

You'll have plenty of time to see Gibbs Lighthouse as well as hike the trail on the South Shore Beaches. I would suggest getting off the ship as soon as it docks. I know they have snorkel rentals at Church Bay but I'm not sure about Horseshoe Bay. Church Bay is known to have some of the best snorkeling on the South Shore.

Archived