P and O Ventura Photo Prices

bobarnie

Does anyone know if they charge more for wedding photos or would it be a standard charge as with the regular photos? I'm trying to get an idea of what I'm going to be spending on our wedding! :confused:

Found on the Ventura that formal photos were £14.95 , and slightly smaller ones were something like £5.95.

Overall, did find that some of the photos didn't work as well as we would like, but I think part of that was the photographer (had an absolutely terrible last Formal Night photo at the dinner table!), but also where they had to set up.

I know that photos in the atrium area were difficult to make work, because it's a walk through for many people.

There are two photographers though who I thought were really good and found we bought the most off them. One was Lynette, but the other one I'm afraid I can't remember, but he did a cracking one of a sunset photo of the wife and I. If I remember his name, I'll add it here.

At the end of the day, you're under no obligation to buy the photos. We tend to maybe buy one or two during the cruise, then wait until the penultimate day and then go through the lot and take it from there.

Scrozuk

just been on Ventura and can confirm prices-£14.95 for large(you did get a B/W smaller copy free on the black&white night) and between £5.95 and £6.95 for the smaller ones.

As it was my first cruise and i was with my dear mum-we did buy a couple but the standards were variable-I suppose some of the photographers were more experienced than others.

Consequently hundreds of printed photos were just thrown away as the price didn't justify the product

i did fill in my end-of-cruise questionnaire with a suggestion to P&O that they move with the times and offer what countless organisations do in the modern digital age- i.e. a photocd that contains all your photos from the cruise

the photographer issues you with a photopass(like a credit card) when you have your first photo taken

It has an electronic strip that they swipe each time they take your photo.

At the end of the cruise all your photos are downloaded onto a CD which you then buy with the rights to print yourself(or have printed at a photoshop) any number/size you like

I bet the sales numbers would jump and the cost of burning a cd is a few pence compared to all the prints they have to bin.:D

just been on Ventura and can confirm prices-£14.95 for large(you did get a B/W smaller copy free on the black&white night) and between £5.95 and £6.95 for the smaller ones.

As it was my first cruise and i was with my dear mum-we did buy a couple but the standards were variable-I suppose some of the photographers were more experienced than others.

Consequently hundreds of printed photos were just thrown away as the price didn't justify the product

i did fill in my end-of-cruise questionnaire with a suggestion to P&O that they move with the times and offer what countless organisations do in the modern digital age- i.e. a photocd that contains all your photos from the cruise

the photographer issues you with a photopass(like a credit card) when you have your first photo taken

It has an electronic strip that they swipe each time they take your photo.

At the end of the cruise all your photos are downloaded onto a CD which you then buy with the rights to print yourself(or have printed at a photoshop) any number/size you like

I bet the sales numbers would jump and the cost of burning a cd is a few pence compared to all the prints they have to bin.:D

Like Royal Caribbean do on Independence of the Seas? When we were on her last year, you go to the photographer, they swipe your seapass through a reader, then take the photos. Then you can go to a booth later on and bring up just your photos. Of course, you could also look at the printed photos they put up in the shop area.

I did notice on Ventura they had a few terminals with photos on it. The first couple of days, they had the photos from the Med cruise that had happened (N911?), but then they disappeared. Not many photos appeared from our cruise on there, and when questioned, the photographers were saying they were having problems making it work.

Suggested to them how Royal Caribbean do it and they were stunned. Whereas on Ventura they just load up huge memory cards and then shuttle them back to the shop, on Royal Caribbean, they are uploaded to a laptop and then wirelessly transmitted back to the photo server.

Technology, it's amazing what you can do. I think they could go one step further and allow you when you review your photos, to be able to put different filters on yourself, black and white, sepia, old fashioned, etc. Some photos we found looked better in black and white, rather than colour and vice versa.

Scrozuk

The Ventura has some print-your-own terminals which are very good. I've never used one of these machines before because I've always sent mine away electronically to be printed out and returned. I'm somewhat technically inept (I don't use self-scan in supermarkets either :D) so decided on the ship would be a good time to practise.

So I was up one morning before six and decided to give it a try. It was just me and the cleaners, which gave me plenty of chances to push the BACK - CANCEL - START AGAIN buttons until I got it right without holding up a queue.

And they came out beautifully and were only about 15p each. It was so nice to come home with a sample handful of photos to show right away. Highly recommended!

The Ventura has some print-your-own terminals which are very good. I've never used one of these machines before because I've always sent mine away electronically to be printed out and returned. I'm somewhat technically inept (I don't use self-scan in supermarkets either :D) so decided on the ship would be a good time to practise.

So I was up one morning before six and decided to give it a try. It was just me and the cleaners, which gave me plenty of chances to push the BACK - CANCEL - START AGAIN buttons until I got it right without holding up a queue.

And they came out beautifully and were only about 15p each. It was so nice to come home with a sample handful of photos to show right away. Highly recommended!

yes -i saw the print terminals, but do you mean you printed your own photos or the official ships photographers ones for 15p?

Like Royal Caribbean do on Independence of the Seas? When we were on her last year, you go to the photographer, they swipe your seapass through a reader, then take the photos. Then you can go to a booth later on and bring up just your photos. Of course, you could also look at the printed photos they put up in the shop area.

I did notice on Ventura they had a few terminals with photos on it. The first couple of days, they had the photos from the Med cruise that had happened (N911?), but then they disappeared. Not many photos appeared from our cruise on there, and when questioned, the photographers were saying they were having problems making it work.

Suggested to them how Royal Caribbean do it and they were stunned. Whereas on Ventura they just load up huge memory cards and then shuttle them back to the shop, on Royal Caribbean, they are uploaded to a laptop and then wirelessly transmitted back to the photo server.

Technology, it's amazing what you can do. I think they could go one step further and allow you when you review your photos, to be able to put different filters on yourself, black and white, sepia, old fashioned, etc. Some photos we found looked better in black and white, rather than colour and vice versa.

Scrozuk

yes-quite agree.

with some packages i've used, when you review your photos you can add borders/soft focus/lots of effects and keep the original files too.So you get a cd with dozens of photos for the same price.

yes -i saw the print terminals, but do you mean you printed your own photos or the official ships photographers ones for 15p?

Sorry to be unclear - my own from my camera. Years ago we stopped buying the official photos unless they were very, very kind to us ;)

Did you not see me in dawn's early light lurking round the photo terminals? Or were you still in bed?

Sorry to be unclear - my own from my camera. Years ago we stopped buying the official photos unless they were very, very kind to us ;)

Did you not see me in dawn's early light lurking round the photo terminals? Or were you still in bed?

Hehe, reminds me of one photo on the last formal night at dinner. The photographer wanted to take photos of me and the wife.

When they came out, I was aghast, his lighting was terrible, and it looked so bad, it made me look like I was a murderer about to pounce on the wife.

It was so bad, I took it to the desk and asked them to destroy it there and then!!

I know we're moving slightly off topic with this, but we've found that the ship sell some photo packs of where you are going. We bought a Russia pack of 6x8 30 photos of tourist sites (on a sunny day I add!) done by the photographers onboard. Well worth the money, more so, when in the lucky dip, we won the 38 pack of the Baltics photos.. very nice.

Scrozuk

Archived