Where is Blackbeards Cay/Cable Beach??

MrsSmithInLove

We are wanting to do the Blackbeards Beach & Treasure Hunt and then want to try Parasailing at Cable Beach. I see Cable Beach on the map I have but do not see Blackbeards Cay. Anyone know how far apart they are or have a different map that shows both of them? Thanks!

We are wanting to do the Blackbeards Beach & Treasure Hunt and then want to try Parasailing at Cable Beach. I see Cable Beach on the map I have but do not see Blackbeards Cay. Anyone know how far apart they are or have a different map that shows both of them? Thanks!

Blackbeards Cay is a private island off the coast of Cable Beach.. You will not be going to or near cable beach on this tour.

Cable Beach is about 4 miles from the downtown port.. and you are right.. in order to get to the parasailers.. you would have to either get a day pass;.. or tresspass.. They sometimes.. not always. work from Breezes.. but since they are independent.. they just show up ..

You'd be better off looking for them on Paradise Island near Cabbage Beach.. ask the jet ski guys.. they can usually hail them.

here's a pic of blackbeards cay (north cay).

The top of the image is Nassau.. to the right.. out of the image.. is Cable beach

http://marinas.com/view/overview/404_North_Cay_NP

in the fourth picture down in the row.. ..you can see cable beach in the distance.

Does anyone know if there is any place to get out of the sun on the part of Blackbeards Cay that Carnival uses for its excursion? Also is there a restaurant? They mention a snack bar in the info about the excursion, but nothing else. Also, does anyone know the best place to snorkel? I've been snorkeling in Freeport, but never in Nassau?:cool:

Does anyone know if there is any place to get out of the sun on the part of Blackbeards Cay that Carnival uses for its excursion? Also is there a restaurant? They mention a snack bar in the info about the excursion, but nothing else. Also, does anyone know the best place to snorkel? I've been snorkeling in Freeport, but never in Nassau?:cool:

Blackbeards has a snack bar.. not restaurant. There are some umbrellas.. but shade is in the trees.. and that means bugs.

There's a pavilion for those who need to stay out of the sun.

Not great snorkeling at Blackbeard.. or any shoreline in the area for that matter. You'll need to take a snorkeling tour to see any real sealife and reefs.

I suggest

seahorse http://www.seahorsesailingadventures.com

Flying Cloud http://www.flyingcloud.info

stuart cove http://www.stuartcove.com

Thanks for the info Scubagirl. :)I'll be sure to check out these sites. The best snorkeling trip I ever went on was in the Bahamas, but that was in Freeport. I hope Nassau is just as good!

Thank you so much for the info!! I'm trying not to get stressed out but as a first time cruiser it is getting harder to remain calm. I sail in 5 months so hopefully I can get things figured out and then wait and deal with the anticipation.

Archived