Triumph upgrade offer

adatudy

Just got the call! The balcony cabins must be full because i just got offered to upgrade to a suite for $540.00 total they also said they would give me VIP pass to get on the boat first and all kinds of other stuff. YIPPY!!!!!!!

Just got the call! The balcony cabins must be full because i just got offered to upgrade to a suite for $540.00 total they also said they would give me VIP pass to get on the boat first and all kinds of other stuff. YIPPY!!!!!!!

Guess it all depends on how you value ``VIP'' treatment. Sailed the Triuph in Jan. and again in April out of Miami this year. Both time we cruised in regylar balcony cabins, no VIP status. Both times we were through the registration line an onto the ship in about 15 minutes. Never had to pay anything extra to get that quick service.

Dianne

Good for you - YOU WILL ADORE THE SUITE! Chick.

Guess it all depends on how you value ``VIP'' treatment. Sailed the Triuph in Jan. and again in April out of Miami this year. Both time we cruised in regylar balcony cabins, no VIP status. Both times we were through the registration line an onto the ship in about 15 minutes. Never had to pay anything extra to get that quick service.

Dianne

We were on the Triumph last month too and even with it being spring break and the second zone called we were onboard very quickly as well. We found the check in lines moved rather quickly for us.

That is wonderful!! Congrats! We are sailing the Triumph in July so maybe I'll get one of those calls! When are you sailing?

• 1 month later...

NJBride,

We are sailing on the same cruise as you and just got the call today - upgraded from a balcony to a suite for $500 - they threw in comped champagne and chocolate covered strawberries when I hesitated (who knows, though, maybe we would have gotten that anyway). This is actually the third time we've gotten a deal on an upgrade since we originally booked. We started with an interior, then went to ocean view, then balcony. The first upgrades happened because my fiancee was wise enough to keep an eye out for discounted prices on the travel web sites - she'd then call to see if we could upgrade for the difference of what we had already paid and the newly published deals. This time, it was all Carnival. They tried calling our home phone with both of us at work, but our phone service was out today and they couldn't get through. They then emailed me, which worked out great, because I was able to get back to them a lot sooner than I would have if they had left a message at home.

It's our honeymoon cruise (and my first cruise period) and we are very excited to be in a suite!

NJBride,

We are sailing on the same cruise as you and just got the call today - upgraded from a balcony to a suite for $500 - they threw in comped champagne and chocolate covered strawberries when I hesitated (who knows, though, maybe we would have gotten that anyway). This is actually the third time we've gotten a deal on an upgrade since we originally booked. We started with an interior, then went to ocean view, then balcony. The first upgrades happened because my fiancee was wise enough to keep an eye out for discounted prices on the travel web sites - she'd then call to see if we could upgrade for the difference of what we had already paid and the newly published deals. This time, it was all Carnival. They tried calling our home phone with both of us at work, but our phone service was out today and they couldn't get through. They then emailed me, which worked out great, because I was able to get back to them a lot sooner than I would have if they had left a message at home.

It's our honeymoon cruise (and my first cruise period) and we are very excited to be in a suite!

That's excellent! Enjoy!

$540 total for the suite for the whole trip? I hope you don't mind me asking

I know you were asking the OP, but in my case we were upgraded from a balcony to a suite for $500 total (incl. taxes, etc.) for two people.

It's not an upgrade....it's an upsell.......

Have a great cruise.

Archived