Host Mach - help ! ! !

flc

Hello Host Mach...... we sail on the Conquest May 24th 2009. One of the folks from our Roll Call is wondering if there is a Rental Car agency there close to the Galveston Pier that you can drop off a rental car.... or that the rental car agency can drop you off and take the Car.

Can you help ?

Thanks Mach

ok... again, not to hijack, but i want an answer to this - and mach, if there's a thread you won't miss i think it's this one... and again i'll reiterate i think it silly to start a new thread for a single question when a related topic is available (isn't that how it's supposed to work?). host mach, please help, kinda fits this... here's my post from the roatan thread:

'mach - not to hijack (but it seems silly to start a thread to ask a related question) - is it a copyright violation to cut / paste from john heald's blog?

that seems kind of counterintuitive on the face, as it's kinda 'from the cruise line' and similar to copy / pasting the contract terms or info from carnival.com, especially and specifically when he is relaying changes or new whatever from carnival (and not personal type blog posting)... but who knows

i bet you do!'

and to op, to counteract the 'hijack', here's a map of car rental places in galveston from google maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=car+rental+galveston+tx&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=30.875284,56.25&ie=UTF8&z=13

e (hertz local),f,g are the closest (but a (enterprise), b (hertz), c (enterprise) are more likely better choices)... but, if i'm not mistaken, the real problem is that many / most / all of these aren't open on sundays.

i've never had to rent a car in galveston, so i'm not the best resource for such info - mach, i'm sure, would know better... :cool:

ok... again, not to hijack, but i want an answer to this - and mach, if there's a thread you won't miss i think it's this one... and again i'll reiterate i think it silly to start a new thread for a single question when a related topic is available (isn't that how it's supposed to work?). host mach, please help, kinda fits this... here's my post from the roatan thread:

'mach - not to hijack (but it seems silly to start a thread to ask a related question) - is it a copyright violation to cut / paste from john heald's blog?

that seems kind of counterintuitive on the face, as it's kinda 'from the cruise line' and similar to copy / pasting the contract terms or info from carnival.com, especially and specifically when he is relaying changes or new whatever from carnival (and not personal type blog posting)... but who knows

i bet you do!'

I'm not sure how to take this or to respond........ I ask a simple question... for a simple answer.... and I get Flamed it appears. Sorry..... I would NOT treat you or respond to you if you had a sincer question.

I read these boards daily....... I didn't think the question was that out of line or order.

Lighten up

The answer to your question is simply that none of the car rental places are open on Sunday to accept your car. The best bet is to call a limo company or even a cab (van) and share the ride if you can. The cost is about the same and you don't have to worry about it afterwards.

i bet you do!'

John has given me permission to take excerpts from his Blog Thingy as necessary to provide information that's contained in it so I can only assume that would/should be the case for others as well...

:)

Hello Host Mach...... we sail on the Conquest May 24th 2009. One of the folks from our Roll Call is wondering if there is a Rental Car agency there close to the Galveston Pier that you can drop off a rental car.... or that the rental car agency can drop you off and take the Car.

Can you help ?

Thanks Mach

Try National. They have, in the past, provided both of those services...

I'm not sure how to take this or to respond........ I ask a simple question... for a simple answer.... and I get Flamed it appears.

no, that's not it at all.

i was just trying to qualify my post in terms of 'thread hijacking', it's a sticky on the main page...

i was looking to get an answer from mach, as i indicated in my post, and i had previously posted to another thread with a related question.

i just didn't want to start a new thread for just 1 question (and i'm not saying anything about yours, btw), when yours had the perfect, related title (mach, help)

sorry for any misunderstanding :)

John has given me permission to take excerpts from his Blog Thingy as necessary to provide information that's contained in it so I can only assume that would/should be the case for others as well...

thanks, mach :D

no, that's not it at all.

i was just trying to qualify my post in terms of 'thread hijacking', it's a sticky on the main page...

i was looking to get an answer from mach, as i indicated in my post, and i had previously posted to another thread with a related question.

i just didn't want to start a new thread for just 1 question (and i'm not saying anything about yours, btw), when yours had the perfect, related title (mach, help)

sorry for any misunderstanding :)

I apologize for my reaction..... you are right.... I was confused in your reply. Thank You for your responce and for your help.

Try National. They have, in the past, provided both of those services...

Thanks Mach.... I will pass this information on to the OP on our Roll Call Board

Thanks for your Help :)

I apologize for my reaction..... you are right.... I was confused in your reply. Thank You for your responce and for your help.

no problem. communication is inherently flawed (what you think you say is not necessarily what the other hears), and miscommunications inevitable.

have fun on conquest in 17 days! i wish i had a cruise to look forward to so soon!

the biggest problem in galveston with cars is the sunday thing... i really don't understand why that hasn't been resolved and remains an issue.

no problem. communication is inherently flawed (what you think you say is not necessarily what the other hears), and miscommunications inevitable.

have fun on conquest in 17 days! i wish i had a cruise to look forward to so soon!

the biggest problem in galveston with cars is the sunday thing... i really don't understand why that hasn't been resolved and remains an issue.

I asked about this last year and the response was that there would be a few hundred rental cars parked in Galveston with no way to get them back to Hobby or IAH...

Archived