Procedure for Tenders

DoniaG

A question best posed in the Europe/Med port of call boards - but I'll add that: We did a ship's tour that put us in small vans carrying about 12-15 people that did Positano, Sorrento, and Pompeii. Similar to private tours booked by many, and we loved it. Thing back on this the biggest thing I'd miss in the tour you suggested might be the drive down the cliffside roads on the Amalfi Coast which has such a fantastic view.

Hi Larry:

Thanks for the link to your website. Your photos and commentary are exceptional.

What size was the coach (i.e. how many people) that took you on the excursion in Santorini?

Thanks again.

Hi Larry:

Thanks for the link to your website. Your photos and commentary are exceptional.

What size was the coach (i.e. how many people) that took you on the excursion in Santorini?

Thanks again.

Large tour bus - I don't know how many it held for sure - if I had to guess I'd say 50 and I don't think it was completely full - you can see it (or a similar one) parked in the corner of this photo - click here.

A question best posed in the Europe/Med port of call boards - but I'll add that: We did a ship's tour that put us in small vans carrying about 12-15 people that did Positano, Sorrento, and Pompeii. Similar to private tours booked by many, and we loved it. Thing back on this the biggest thing I'd miss in the tour you suggested might be the drive down the cliffside roads on the Amalfi Coast which has such a fantastic view.

I posted it on the Med boards this morning, but haven't gotten much info. I just took a look at the tour you suggested. If they're going in small vans, it would be the perfect trip for me. I shied away from anything that might involve bus travel in that region! I've been on that road in a bus and was so car sick that I swore I would NEVER do it again! I'll check with Celebrity before I book though.

Thanks for more good advice!

Donia

P.S. Talked with my friends today about your Santorini suggestion and we're probably going to take your recommendation there. We don't want to lose half a day getting off the ship and up to Fira to pick up the rental car. Thanks again. That's why I LOVE these boards!

We booked a tour of the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii with marcellomaresca@tiscali.it with 4 couples from Cruise Critic. Great day, and the total cost was 150 euros per couple including tip. They took us to a great lunch in the ancient village of Pontone (a Greek trading post in 500AD) and we had a ball--lunch, wine and limoncello was 20 E pp.

Cathy

...If they're going in small vans, it would be the perfect trip for me. I shied away from anything that might involve bus travel in that region! I've been on that road in a bus and was so car sick that I swore I would NEVER do it again!...

The big buses can't even get on some of the scenic roads there or into the heart of Positano - or so we've been told. The "Exclusive" ship's tour was pricey but very nice. I would definitely recommend either that or a private tour there. I recall reading some place that vans are better than cars as the little extra height gives a better view of the sights over the roads guard rails - don't know for sure if that makes a difference.

Archived