Carnival Response to my Early Saver

wrighka

Maybe someone out there can help me figure this out! :confused: We booked with the Early Saver guarantee. I noticed last week that the price for our cruise had dropped; not by much mind you, but it DID drop! I sent Carnival the Price Protection forml. Today I received this reply:

We regret to advise that your Early Saver price protection request has been denied. Please visit www.carnival.com/earlysaver for Terms & Conditions on exercising a price protection. We are unable to verify the fare claimed against the same ship, sail date, and stateroom category 4B reserved.

HUH????? The price drop is on YOUR Website!!!!! How can they not verify that?

Any advice?????? :eek:

Maybe someone out there can help me figure this out! :confused: We booked with the Early Saver guarantee. I noticed last week that the price for our cruise had dropped; not by much mind you, but it DID drop! I sent Carnival the Price Protection forml. Today I received this reply:

We regret to advise that your Early Saver price protection request has been denied. Please visit www.carnival.com/earlysaver for Terms & Conditions on exercising a price protection. We are unable to verify the fare claimed against the same ship, sail date, and stateroom category 4B reserved.

Is the low price still showing? I would call Carnival directly instead. Did you provide all details, such as state of residency and any discount codes used, in the additional comments section?

Yep, the lower price is still showing. Funny thing is (well maybe not so funny!) when we were deciding on a cruise, the price for this one was $299 pp. When we went to book it, it had changed to $309 pp. The very next day and since then it went back to $299!!! Of course we booked at $309!

Like I said in first post, it's only a small, small difference, but still....I could get a drink or two outta the difference! :p And yes, I provided them all the information.

Yep, the lower price is still showing. Funny thing is (well maybe not so funny!) when we were deciding on a cruise, the price for this one was $299 pp. When we went to book it, it had changed to $309 pp. The very next day and since then it went back to $299!!! Of course we booked at $309!

Like I said in first post, it's only a small, small difference, but still....I could get a drink or two outta the difference! :p And yes, I provided them all the information.

There must be something you are doing differently. This is worth a phone call at least; I would definitely call.

Wow I've never seen a denial letter, usually you just never hear from them. If you booked through a pvp give them a call. If you booked online or through the toll free # give that a call. They will adjust it on the phone for you if it is a valid drop.

Question -it says Cat 4B in their response. Is that the category you are assigned to? Or the category you booked? The price online has to be for the exact category you booked in order to be eligible. So if you booked a regular guarantee and got assigned a 4B, but are seeing the guarantee rate online, they won't honor it unless you give up your room assignment. Also - if what you booked is now sold out (for instance you booked the 4b rate) - from what I understand they will upgrade but not do the price drop - even if higher categories are now less.

I haven't been able to bring myself to book early saver yet - don't like the non-refundable deposit and too many terms, conditions, and loopholes for them. Have been instead booking at about 45-60 days out and getting great deals that way.

I did a search including your state and past guest. I don't see $299 anywhere for a 4b, just $309.

If you use the cash back rate, does it come down to $299? That would be my first guess with a denial.

vacruiser, on Early Saver you choose your cabin, can't do guarantee

Atleast that what the PVP said.

The price protection form is used for drops with 24 hrs of booking. There is a different form used for Early saver drops. I'm gonna go look now...:confused:

This is for Early Saver

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=321

Did you use this form?? This for Lowest price guarantee..

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=320

Maybe you used the wrong form??

Atleast that what the PVP said.

The price protection form is used for drops with 24 hrs of booking. There is a different form used for Early saver drops. I'm gonna go look now...:confused:

You want the early saver guarantee.

Good guess, maybe that's it. This is the form: http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=321

I think they sent the wrong form..

Just checked Carnival's website again...since this morning, the 4B category as gone back up to $309.....so I guess I'll just let it go..Thanks for your help anyway. :D

Just checked Carnival's website again...since this morning, the 4B category as gone back up to $309.....so I guess I'll just let it go..Thanks for your help anyway. :D

Next time make sure you're submitting specifically the Early Saver Price Request form (not the 110% Price Protection form) and that the lower rate you find is specifically your ship, your dates, your specific Category and same # passengers.

Specials like the Cash Back promo will specifically state that they're "only for new bookings" or that "they are combinable ONLY with Fun Select bookings" both of which you are not eligible for with Super Saver.

As you already know, the fare you're requesting has to be a Carnival-advertised rate.

It's also wise to print out a screen image of the web page with the rate you're requesting so that you can "prove it" after the fact.

ken

i went through this same thing, i started the thread, "carnival isn't standing behind their word" i filled out the form with the carnival website as my located price,they denied me, i went to myTA and she said it was my responsibility to fill out the form, again i filled it out with no response, i visited her again with a bit of an attitude and she filled it out with "vacations to go" as my located price, this time they approved it. don't give up, they have the price protection guarantee, keep after them! good luck

we've only had good experiences so far with the Early Saver Price Protection forms, but once thing I did learn from this site (or maybe the Carnival forum) was to save a screen shot of the price that way you can attach it in the additional comments area. Personally, I would call and ask your PVP, even if it is only a few dollars because chances are that the price will drop again and you want to make sure that you know how to handle it correctly next time. Also, just a thought... the prices can change up to four times a day- that's why many have said to save the screen shot.:)

If you use the cash back rate, does it come down to $299? That would be my first guess with a denial.

vacruiser, on Early Saver you choose your cabin, can't do guarantee

That's what I thought, but the OP said they booked an "Early Saver guarantee" so thought maybe there were some sailings out there they did sell guarantees on.

i went through this same thing, i started the thread, "carnival isn't standing behind their word" i filled out the form with the carnival website as my located price,they denied me, i went to myTA and she said it was my responsibility to fill out the form, again i filled it out with no response, i visited her again with a bit of an attitude and she filled it out with "vacations to go" as my located price, this time they approved it. don't give up, they have the price protection guarantee, keep after them! good luck

They were denying you because you were booked with a TA. TA's should know you can not fill out the form, they have to. She needs to learn the rules before she tells her clients to go fill out the form themselves. That's why it went through the last time. She sent it in.

You can still get your price drop, even if the price went back up after you sent in the form. Just call and they will look it up in the research dept. Takes a while but they can do it.

If you fill out the wrong form and your price goes back up. I think you are stuck. You have to send in the adjustment form while the price is lower. If you send in the wrong form and the price is still down. Just send in the right one.

This all seems alot of hassle for $10 per person. I wouldn't bother. $100 per person yes. 10 bucks, no

Well, for some of us we are glad to get that $10 pp or in my case the $20 pp for the first two people in the room! Who doesn't love getting a better price than you already got! It is just money towards our balance! WooHOO

We have never had a problem but My T/A has always filled out the form. But once the cruise is paid in full no more price drops, credits or obc. So one lesson I learned was do not pay it off till you have to. (leave $100 balance till the last minute) :) Karon

This all seems alot of hassle for $10 per person. I wouldn't bother. $100 per person yes. 10 bucks, no

In this case, I agree with you. There comes a point where it is just not worth it. I am still not too keen on the whole early saver thing anyway. I'll stick with military discount for now.

In most cases, requesting an adjustment should be a 30 seconds of filling out a form and submitting. If I could make $10 per half minute (about $2.5 mil/yr) I would be retired and sailing the world right now. :D

Archived