Who's been to Antigua, and what's a family-friendly thing to do there?

CeleBrat

We just booked the Carnival Freedom which includes a stop in Antigua. Anyone been there yet? Looking for suggestions of FUN, family-friendly things to do. (Kids will be 9 and 6).

Thanks!--CeleBrat

We just booked the Carnival Freedom which includes a stop in Antigua. Anyone been there yet? Looking for suggestions of FUN, family-friendly things to do. (Kids will be 9 and 6).

Thanks!--CeleBrat

We did Eli's "Eco Tour" when we were there. If your kids are swimmers then they will enjoy this. They offer several different tours and are very popular.

http://www.adventureantigua.com/

Enjoy Antigua!

Thanks SAS80. Did you do the Eco Tour, or the Extreme tour? And, do you remember what was served for lunch?

CeleBrat

We did the Eco Tour.

Lunch was general BBQ food, chicken and salad and (I think) bread and some other stuff. The lunch was not gourmet, but the overall excursion was fun.

You meet around the cruise ship dock and get on a boat. First we went over to Sandals and picked up some other guests. Then we toured some areas while the guides talked about the ecology of the area. Then we went over to an island and did some hiking while they talked more about the ecology of the area. We had lunch here. Then we took the boat over to "Hells Gate". Right in the middle of the Caribbean sea (a calm part) we were allowed to jump off the boat, swim over to the island and hike around on it (with a guide). On the way back we got some sort of (adult) rum punch that was good.

It was a nice way to spend the day.

I'm re reading the description that they have on the website and I would hardly call it "luxurious" as they do - but the number of guests was, indeed, low, which made it for a more intimate and relaxed outing.

Personally, besides going to (another) beach, I just didn't see what else there was to do in Antigua.

I was in Antigua on my honeymoon ( a long while ago!) and I remember this great pirate ship that kid´s could go on....

Antigua is a very pretty island-the beaches are lovely . The shops are all pastel colors , very charming.

The pirate ship was really neat-don´t know if it is still around!

Have fun!

Kim

Archived