Clear Kayaking & Eco Safari Walking Tour

arlsvera

Has anyone done the Clear Kayaking & Eco Safari Walking Tour (it is offered by Holland America - but so many ships offer the same thing)? Any details on the trip would be greatly appreciated. For what it's worth, we are a group of people ranging from 11 years old to 50 years old. Thank you!

I have not personally done this excursion, but some friends of our did when we were all on Grand Turk from the Carnival Liberty 4/30/09.

The group (3 married couples, late 20s, early 30s) had mixed reviews. It is definitely somewhat physically challenging. And although our description didn't specify, you do take the kayaks in the ocean, so they ended up getting really wet. There was a locker for them to store backpacks, cameras, etc. that they didn't want to get wet. So, if you want to take pictures, you'll need a waterproof camera.

They said the glass bottoms were pretty clear, although there wasn't a ton to see out the bottom of the boat. Their one complaint was that their particular guide was very difficult to hear, so they felt like they missed a lot

I got the impression that the hiking thing was not as structured - they just had time to walk around if they wanted. They did like getting a chance to see part of the island on the drive to and from kayaking.

hopefully this helps a bit!

Sleepybeth -- thanks for the input. Judging by the amount of responses I'm getting, this must not be a popular excursion! My kids are active and healthy, but I wonder if kayaking in the ocean would be a bit much. Hmm. Now I just have more questions!

Archived