Vow Renewal at Outrigger or ship?

Karmalady

Has anyone done the vow renewal at Outrigger at Waikiki Beach? Was it nice? How are the accommodations at the Outriggers?

We are booked at HHV which I'm sure is lovely. BUT, it is our 30 year anniversary and I really would like to do a vow renewal. This is not hub's idea of high priority but he will go along with this as it is something I want to do.:pWe do not want to contact a vendor and do the whole thing up lavishly and expensively (although quite wonderful I'm sure...). The other option is to renew vows on ship but don't think that would be as special as it is on the beach.:eek:

I also really feel like the location of the Outriggers is better than HHV. Would I be nuts to switch?

I am amazed at how everyone has their plans down to a t...very mind blowing for me and then when I finally do make a decision...I WANT TO CHANGE IT. WHATSUP with this? :rolleyes:

OPINIONS appreciated a lot!!!!!

THANKS!

When are you sailing and what line? We are going to do the Free Vow Renewal at the Outrigger. We are sailing on NCL and I read from a post here on CC that they are no longer doing the Vow Renewal (VR) on the ship.

I will post how ours went when I return.

I read on Trip advisor about the Outrigger (VR) and it got a good review.

We to will be celebrating our 30th anniversary next year and would love to do a vow renewal. Keep us informed. We will be staying the he Hale Koa Next March, but would love to have a ceremony on the beach.

SandyJ...We are leaving 6/13 on NCL Pride of America. Which Outrigger are you staying at? I'm not sure whether or not the ship does the vow renewal or not; I read on CC that it was not happening any more BUT I read in December Dailies that it was. Does anyone know for sure?

Bronxite, there are several vendors that do weddings and vow renewals if you wanted something outside a freebie. They have all price ranges and ammenities. You might do a google search on vow renewals/weddings. The Outrigger Reef/Outrigger Waikiki have a renewal ceremony for guests twice a week complimentary for guests.

Before you decide to stay at the HHV, read through the thread below.

Waikiki - Would you stay at HHV or Embassy Suites with Hilton points?

We left the HHV after 1 miserable night last week and finished our stay at the Embassy Suites which is across the street from the Outrigger Reef. We walked over to the Outrigger to eat at the Shorebird and although we didn't see a guest room, we thought the property looked nice and it is right on the beach.

One of the nights we saw a wedding party getting on the Outrigger catamaran for a sunset sail. I don't have any info on vow renewals at the reef, but it would be romantic to go on a sunset sail after a vow renewal.

And the Outrigger Reef is in much better location with the new Beachwalk shopping/restaurant area is right there.

Sailing Girl, Actually, reading that thread is exactly what started me questioning HHV. We are already big fans of ES and stay there often. However, wanting to do the vow renewal makes me want the Outrigger. It is actually more expensive than HHV for ocean view room but I do think it might be more suited to our needs for a pre cruise couple of days. If not for the vow renewal thing, I would switch to ES.

I NEED my own personal vacation planner as I'm awful wishy washy! :eek: Any volunteers? :D

We were going to do the vow renewel on POA in August for our 25th anniversary. But I noticied in the last dailies that they were not offereing it. I contacted NCL directly and they said they do not offer it on the ship. We changed hotels to Outrigger. They do the vow renewel on Tuesday and Friday mornings at 8am. Had to change some plans but I think it will be worth it...it looks like a nice ceremony at Outrigger. You can stay at The main or the Outrigger Reef. Hope this helps!!:)

Karmalady, We will be staying @ the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach for 2 nights pre-cruise. I did the oceanfront room with breakfast package for us and it was $299 per night. I think the oceanview/breakfast package was $259 per night. I read that Duke's was a great place to eat and the full breakfast buffet will be a hit with my DH. I may have to check into the vow renewal since we are celebrating our 25th anniversary. Good luck with your plans.

We are going on the June 13th cruise and we are doing a vow renewal with the company at http://www.hawaiiweddings.net during our precruise stay in Waikiki.

I will definitely let everyone know how their service was when we get back. We bought a package where they pick us up in a limo and drive to Magic Island (beach close to Waikiki) where we have the renewal in a park/next to a beach location. They will then take pictures on the beach there with Diamond Head in the background. The pictures, limo, minister, and flower leis are included in the package. We aren't actually doing the service directly on the beach, as Hawaii started requiring a beach permit to do this To save money we are doing the renewal next to the beach and then it is okay to do the pictures on the beach!!

Karmalady, I didn't mean to say that you should switch to the ES, I just wanted to warn you about the problems we had at HHV. I had read about the customer service issues on the boards, but thought it was just some isolated cases.

You will be very happy with the Outrigger, you walk through the lobby and then just go right out to the beach through the other side of it. There isn't even a door, the whole area is just open wide to the beautiful views of the ocean and the sunset.

They also have free live music (Hawaiian of course) in the main lobby from 5:30-8:30 every night. It's right by the pool and there are many comfy padded loungers to relax on while you're listening to the music.

Be sure to check out the Shorebird restaurant attached to the hotel. There are coupons in red books in the lobby that offer a buy one entree, get one 50% off. The coupons are good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The food is wonderful and it has a great salad bar.

And if you're there on a Friday, you will be able to see the Fireworks show the HHV puts on from the Outrigger.

In January friends of ours did a vow renewal at the Hale Koa. The next morning when we went to the Outrigger (Shorebird) for breakfast (brunch), we saw a couple renewing their vows on the beach, and it was lovely. We talked to them and they were thrilled with the ceremony!

SandyJ...We are leaving 6/13 on NCL Pride of America. Which Outrigger are you staying at? I'm not sure whether or not the ship does the vow renewal or not; I read on CC that it was not happening any more BUT I read in December Dailies that it was. Does anyone know for sure?

Bronxite, there are several vendors that do weddings and vow renewals if you wanted something outside a freebie. They have all price ranges and ammenities. You might do a google search on vow renewals/weddings. The Outrigger Reef/Outrigger Waikiki have a renewal ceremony for guests twice a week complimentary for guests.

We are staying at the Outrigger on the Reef - It is newly renovated and right on the Beachwalk shopping. I did the Partial Oceanview with the breakfast included for 2 nights it came to $468.00

I also read on Tripadvisor that the Outrigger on the Reef (not sure about the other Outrigger) offers a picture package with the free Vow Renewal which is great because we are traveling alone and have nobody to take photos :).

This makes sense that they would do this since they offer the Vow Renewal for free they get money for the pictures. All the reviews have been positive. They do the ceremony as a group not individual but I don't mind that at all ;)

I found a video on Youtube of the actual service from Outrigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0HwFE2vHEc

Thanks everybody for your help and input. I am going to cancel HHV and book Outrigger. You all really helped me a lot on this. :p

Now, if I could just get ya'll (sorry it's a Texas thing) to help me make decisions on the NCL itinerary and pre cruise days. :D Seriously I never knew planning was such hard work.

I am truly grateful for all the CC boards; great info...and full of great people who take the time to answer and help out.

Thanks everybody for your help and input. I am going to cancel HHV and book Outrigger. You all really helped me a lot on this. :p

Now, if I could just get ya'll (sorry it's a Texas thing) to help me make decisions on the NCL itinerary and pre cruise days. :D Seriously I never knew planning was such hard work.

I am truly grateful for all the CC boards; great info...and full of great people who take the time to answer and help out.

I say ya'll too and I recken' so, LOL :D

I sail the week before you but I will be taking a laptop and will try to post on Friday after we do ours to let you know how it is ;)

Aloha!

That would be great Sandy, THANKS! I'm thinking the vow renewal will be a very cool thing to do. :) Will anxiously await your review.

ALSO....read in a previous post of yours about the Fairwind Snorkle. We have booked that also. Please let me know about getting tendered early enough to where there is no time frame problem. I'm stressing on that one too. :eek:

Your friends that stayed at the Hale Kao, did they enjoy there stay there? We will be staying there in March 2010 and I just emailed them to the see if they did any ceremonies there. Waiting on a reply.

I think you could say they enjoy--15th time coming up for them in January--10th time for us coming up in January!

Hale Koa has a wonderful arrangement for renewing vows! Beautiful gazebo where ceremony can take place.

I say go for the Outrigger it was great right on the beach early morning . We did it about two years ago. We brought special outfits that we wanted to wear. We also ordered special flowers right in the lobby. I got flowers for my hair. I almost cancelled it, I go it crazy to do this and I was so glad that I didn't make that call because it was so beautiful and meaningful. There were six couples that did it with us. Then there was no one taking pictues. So you asked staff and other couples to take pictures after the ceremony. They do you all at the same time. They only did it on certain days and only so many at a time. So I would check with them to see if it would work for you. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone done the vow renewal at Outrigger at Waikiki Beach? Was it nice? How are the accommodations at the Outriggers?

We are booked at HHV which I'm sure is lovely. BUT, it is our 30 year anniversary and I really would like to do a vow renewal. This is not hub's idea of high priority but he will go along with this as it is something I want to do.:pWe do not want to contact a vendor and do the whole thing up lavishly and expensively (although quite wonderful I'm sure...). The other option is to renew vows on ship but don't think that would be as special as it is on the beach.:eek:

I also really feel like the location of the Outriggers is better than HHV. Would I be nuts to switch?

I am amazed at how everyone has their plans down to a t...very mind blowing for me and then when I finally do make a decision...I WANT TO CHANGE IT. WHATSUP with this? :rolleyes:

OPINIONS appreciated a lot!!!!!

THANKS!

We have not done the vow renewal, but have sat in the Shorebird Restaurant and watched it .The restaurant is on the beach where the ceremony takes place. It is beautiful. Even my hubby had tears in his eyes.I think we might do it there when we go on the Spirit in Sept. We are 20 years together and I want to surprise him. :):)

Archived