8A vs. 8F? What the difference?

galentines

Aside from being on a higher deck, what is the difference? Why is an 8F more money? The room and balcony are the same size, right? Is the decor better or fewer rooms for the steward to take care of? I just want to make sure I'm not wasting my money;) Thanks for everyone answering all of my questions!!!

8A vs. 8F - difference is which deck you are on, as well as which part of the ship-- forward, midship or aft. Some people prefer different areas of the ship and they are priced accordingly. Other than the aft cabins, I think the mid-ship are the 'preferred' area since generally speaking, it's said that you feel less motion midship.

so no diff in room, just where it is? i thought maybe nicer stuff, new tv, nicer furniture? no?

Basically, the cruiselines deem a higher deck to be a preferred location, thus the pricing difference. The cabins themselves are the same.

On the Triumph, 8Fs are on the Spa deck and there are only about 8 or 10 of them and many of them are "connecting" rooms with a door that opens to connect the cabins. (if I explained that right... they share a common door)-- good for families of say 5 or more... they are also fore, but close to where mid-ship would start

Archived