Princess in Bermuda

Gabrielle R.

Hi! I am looking at a 9 day cruise from NYC on board the Caribbean Princess!:D We will be stopping in Bermuda at the Royal dockyard. Has anyone done the Princess excursion that goes to Hog Bay Park and Browns Bay? I wanted to see some of the natural beauty of Bermuda, and swim- this seems like it might fill the bill.

Will there be PINK sand at all the different beaches in Bermuda? I promised a friend pink sand and I hoped to find it without too many problems.

Also- Gibbs Hill Lighthouse- How far is that from the Royal dockyards- possible to go there after the excursion? I'd have a few hours before the ship sets sail.

Any other must see in Bermuda? I'm doing a lot of snorkeling in San Juan, Grand Turk and St. Johns- so DH may not want me to leave him again to snorkel!:rolleyes: He likes the beach- but not going past his knees.....

Yes, I am posting this on the ports of call- but hoped that maybe someone here has some info too! Thanks for any help! Gabrielle

Will there be PINK sand at all the different beaches in Bermuda? I promised a friend pink sand and I hoped to find it without too many problems. Any other must see in Bermuda?

The beaches on the south side have pink sand. A very light pink, but it's pink. You can also buy small bottles of pink sand in just about any shops where they sell souvenirs.

Bermuda has many fine beaches. Elbow Beach is a good place to start. Not for snorkeling, but just a nice day at the beach. Check out the caves and aquarium too. A Segway tour is lots of fun (Dockyards or St. George's). It's also fun to eat/drink at Swizzle Inn (two locations). Be sure to see St. George's too, very quaint and beautiful.

The beaches on the south side have pink sand. A very light pink, but it's pink. You can also buy small bottles of pink sand in just about any shops where they sell souvenirs.

I'm convinced that the sand that they sell in the shops is tinted as I've never found the same dark color on any Bermuda beach we've been on. The beaches in Bermuda are still better than any in the Caribbean.

Archived