Need alternate snorkeling tour ideas other than Coral Breeze...

MamaParrotHead

I'm getting kind of impatient to book my 11/09 tour through Coral Breeze. We're not sailing til the end of November, but I have every other thing booked and paid for (hotels, excursions, the cruise fare, etc.), and just want to have this crossed off my list. I've emailed back and forth with Mark a few times since last fall, where he informed me I'd have to wait until this month to book. And I just emailed him again, and now he's saying that because of the Swine Flu scare, they've pushed back booking even further, and he doesn't know when they will be booking.

I'm kind of bummed, I'd heard such great things about them. I had my heart set on the Bannister Caye/snorkel/Manatee tour. I just don't know what harm it would be in getting organzied and taking bookings. It's frustrating me and I don't much like it, quite honestly.

Any other suggestions? I don't want an ENTIRE day snorkel trip, and we'll have small kids with us, so clean and safe facilities are a must.

ARGH.:rolleyes: Any input appreciated. Thanks.

After researching these boards I came across Ivar Marchand who charters his owns private boat(3 man crew) we did a combo Bannister Island, snorkeling, riding around looking at the mangroves. What was nice was he brought us back to Bannister after the cruise passengers who booked thru the ship had left and we practically had the island to ourselves. Ivar and his crew were awesome-friendly and accomodating. He and I emailed each other regularly before the cruise and we gave him our drink orders of what we wanted the boat stocked with. Ivar said he used to work for Coral Breezes. If you want more info, let me know. I tried to post his email on these boards but evidently you can't they take it off. But if you do a search on his name on the boards you can find it or you could email me. I also have pics.

Archived