Marseille--Private tour or Ship tour?

We're stopping in Marseille and are wondering if we should take a ship tour or hire a private guide. We are a party of 6 and are pretty open on what to do. We are 'seniors' and a few may have trouble doing a lot of hard walking.

A private tour has the convenience of going where we want and for how long. However, we don't even know of a company to hire. Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Are you planning on just seeing Marseilles? When we went last year there was a free shuttle. It took you to the harbor. At the drop off spot, there was a rubber tired train that took people on 50 minute tours. Also the HOHO bus stop was there. It's a pretty flat area so walking should be easy.

I suggest you at least try to get to Aix. Either with a private tour or with the ship. Aix is a great town and also easy to walk. We did Aix in the morning and then took the shuttle bus to Marseilles after lunch on the ship.

We have used Michel with Revelation Tours twice, once 5 years ago and again this month. I can't say enough about his tour company, it has to be one of the best tours we have ever had! Once out of Ville de France and most recently out of Marseille. I highly recommend using his company and I promise you won't be disappointed!!:D

As a note to my previous post, there were 8 of us, and there were several seniors that were concerned with too much walking. He drove us right up to the sights, and actually walked around with us, explaining so much of what we saw! He then gave us "free time" to wander. We went to an old castle in the mountains, to St Remy (my favorite), and to Aix. He drove us through the vinyards and countryside telling us all about the history of that area. We saw alot in an 8 hour time frame....very relaxed and oh, so enjoyable!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived