Earliest flight out of FLL from Cruise out of Miami??

Britt23

Can anyone give me their opinion of what time we should book our flight back from our cruise? We will be flying back out from Fort Lauderdale but our cruise is returning to Miami.

Thanks in advance...

Britt23

Can anyone give me their opinion of what time we should book our flight back from our cruise? We will be flying back out from Fort Lauderdale but our cruise is returning to Miami.

Thanks in advance...

Britt23

we have done this twice, and I would not think of booking a flight out of FFL earlier than 1PM. Noon maybe, but that would be a tight squeeze in my opinion.

Hi from a Miami Beach resident...

I agree with Terrymtex. Later is best so that you are not stressed if your ship runs late or the disembarkation process is slow.

How long the commute will be depends a lot on the day of the week. If it's a weekday, you'll have the usual commuter traffic on I-95 up to about 9:30 - although you're heading against traffic, you will still have a lot of company.

If there is an accident (common occurrence) all bets are off.

If you're disembarking on a Saturday or Sunday, road traffic is less of an issue but you'll have a lot of company at the port. During the winter season, we had 5-6 ships in every Saturday and Sunday. Some of these were mega-ships such as the Carnival Freedom or Liberty of the Seas. Think potential long lines to clear customs and lots of competition for cabs. I am not sure what the ship count will be for the summer as we are in transition right now (I think there were only 2 or 3 in last Sunday, if memory serves...)

Book an afternoon flight if you can and take your time. Better to have lots of time to kill at the airport than to be stressing about a possible missed flight.

Every time this question is asked, I remember docking in Miami with a 2PM flight from FLL which I nearly missed because there were five cruise ships in the harbor and Customs didn't even begin with us till after ten AM.

The poor staff on the ship were quite overwhelmed with trying to assist with missed flights, missed tours, missed connections and so on. It was a mess, and I ended up grabbing a taxi from the dock to the airport, arriving with minutes to spare.

i booked my flight independantly from NCL. i just got off the phone with my PCC. i added a transfer from the ship back to FLL...and he asked when my flight was...Continental @ 210pm.

my PCC said that on his screen, they ask that flights not leave earlier than 1pm.

Archived