Fuel Charges

Can anyone tell me what was the fuel surchage last June (08) for a 7 day cruise for UK bookings, we have the Freedom booked for Sept 09 and RCI have reduced our price by 28GBP per person is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Can anyone tell what the Platinum and Diamond balcony discounts are for a 7 day cruise ?

Thanks in advance

I don't know what it is in GBP but in USD it is:

Platinum

5 or less nights - $50

6 to 9 nights - $100

10+ nights - $200

Diamond

5 or less nights - $100

6 to 9 nights - $200

10+ nights - $300

That is per cabin, not per person.

Can anyone tell me what was the fuel surchage last June (08) for a 7 day cruise for UK bookings, we have the Freedom booked for Sept 09 and RCI have reduced our price by 28GBP per person is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Hi

When did you book we booked in October for September B2B on Freedom. I thought it was 35.00 pp and it was to be paid back as OBC at the exchange rate when booking. I confirmed this a few weeks ago with RCI.

I hope this helps. We are sailing 6th and 13th Sept.

Scotfi

Hi

I have just checked e-mails and in Nov when I checked this out this was the reply I got from our TA.

Having spoke to RCI they have cut £35 pp from your booking. On receipt of the Invoice from RCI, we will then follow up and find out whether you are entitled to receive any refund of this money.

I believe this was for the first part of our B2B which is 7 nights.

This was in fact the fuel suplement. RCI later stated it would be paid back in OBC to lessen the issue of having to send out new paperwork etc.

I hope this is helpful but I would be asking for the 35 BP pp.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Scotfi

A different fuel question -- I'm just tagging onto this thread that's already started:

Gas is going up rather quickly here. A week ago it was 1.99 or so. Then it suddenly jumped to 2.19, and during the workday today it jumped again to 2.25. If this continues, we're likely to find ourselve back with fuel supplements again.

Please refresh my memory: What ever happened last time to people who'd already made reservations BEFORE fuel charges were added? Did they end up getting those refunded?

Please refresh my memory: What ever happened last time to people who'd already made reservations BEFORE fuel charges were added? Did they end up getting those refunded?
Yes, but I think they've covered all the bases in the fine print this time stating that once fuel prices go back up to $65 (?) per barrel that the fuel surcharge can be reinstated retroactively.

A different fuel question -- I'm just tagging onto this thread that's already started:

Gas is going up rather quickly here. A week ago it was 1.99 or so. Then it suddenly jumped to 2.19, and during the workday today it jumped again to 2.25. If this continues, we're likely to find ourselve back with fuel supplements again.

Hi

Our last cruise was booked prior to the fuel surcharge by a few months. We did not have them added. Some others did because they had booked after an inclusion date.

I am not sure how our current booking for Sept would be affected as we are supposed to be getting OBC in leu of fuel charges included in our booking. I am sure if oil was below 65.00 in March they would not re-add the fuel charge to this sailing

Scotfi

I've been reading this thread with interest.

I booked a two centre holiday (1 week Orlando, 1 week FOS) December last year through Virgin Cruise Holidays. Part of my invoice costs is "Fuel Costs 2 x £163 = £326".

I've just phoned Virgin to see if they are able to refund me or offer any on board credit. Their response was that "fuel costs" covers airport & port taxes. I don't think they are telling me the truth since when I booked the holiday with them on the phone their representative commented upon the high costs because of the cost of fuel at the time.

I would be very grateful to hear of any of your similar experiences.

Thanking you in anticipation.

I've been reading this thread with interest.

I booked a two centre holiday (1 week Orlando, 1 week FOS) December last year through Virgin Cruise Holidays. Part of my invoice costs is "Fuel Costs 2 x £163 = £326".

I've just phoned Virgin to see if they are able to refund me or offer any on board credit. Their response was that "fuel costs" covers airport & port taxes. I don't think they are telling me the truth since when I booked the holiday with them on the phone their representative commented upon the high costs because of the cost of fuel at the time.

I would be very grateful to hear of any of your similar experiences.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Hi

Also booked with Virgin B2B cruises with 1 night stay in Orlando. I am curious as to when this was on your paper work. Was this at final payment. Our paperwork did not note any fuel charges but have not paid final payment yet.

I noticed a reduction in price on our booked cruise I contacted Virgin who stated they did not honour reductions despite telling me they did at time of booking. Following e-mails back and forth discovered the reduction was for refund of fuel payment, 35GBP pp. Apparently this is now not being taken off the bill but payed as on board credit by RCI as they informed me when I contacted them.

It may be worth it to e-mail RCI with your booking reference which Virgin will give you if you request it and check if you are going to be given OBC from them direct.

Enjoy your cruise

Scotfi

Hi Scotfi

It was shown on my initial invoice. Booked December last year for a cruise November this year.

Virgin told me there was no such thing as a fuel charge! I have to say I've not been overly impressed with them so far. I'll e-mail RCI as you suggest and see what they say.

Many thanks

Archived