Another darkwood question

cruisegal58

i just read there is construction at darkwood beach? anyone been lately that can advise?? and the bathrooms were filthy and alot of noise from the traffic?

this beach sounded so nice, then i read the bad things..help! sailing next week..thanks, cruisegal

I am not sure about construction, but we were going there in April. Our taxi driver recommended a beach that is just a bit further on the road, Turner Beach. It was a lovely beach and they are a little further off the road. There were a fair number of shells on the beach as well. The umbrellas are free there, they are permanent structures on the beach. You can rent chairs from the restaurant there.

We got off the ship pretty early and had the beach to ourselves for a good hour. Then some 4x4 island tours stopped there, still was not crowded at all.

kristy

• 2 weeks later...

Construction is way up the St John end of the beach (looks like a couple of posh villas not even on the beach) and they've just built a couple of bungalows next to the beach bar at Darkwood (these are now finished). This will not affect you visit. Make sure you catch the bus - see the recent threads on this!

Archived