Anytime Dining vs. Scheduled Dining

dgr231

They will all have Anytime Dining by summer of 2010.

Ships that have it now are Legend, Liberty, Sensation, Paradise, Miracle, Elation, Conquest, Pride. Spirit and Fantasy get it next month (June).

I see you are sailing on Victory ~ that ship is scheduled to have it by summer 2010.

Thanks Sue :) Looks like I picked the wrong ship (just kidding - I love the Victory!) I am a Freestyle fan, but I'll just sign up for late dining and if we want to eat earlier we'll eat at the buffet or have pizza or something. I'll make my own quasi-freestyle and have the best of both worlds.

As soon as we saw Anytime Dining was being offered on the Spirit, we changed our Main (early) seating to Anytime. Early is too early and late is too late :rolleyes: and with the varied port times we can show up when we get ready. Plus, there's always the buffet option. :p

As soon as we saw Anytime Dining was being offered on the Spirit, we changed our Main (early) seating to Anytime. Early is too early and late is too late :rolleyes: and with the varied port times we can show up when we get ready. Plus, there's always the buffet option. :p

Ditto on all points.

dan40 will explain to you why you don't have a valid claim as he did so nicely for me.

I don't know anyone who would prefer being told they have a set time for anything as opposed to having a choice and flexibility.

Howard

We were excited that any time dining was now being offered and were going to opt for it in Dec. But we are traveling with a group of 9. My FIL has diabetis and needs to eat on a schedule. We were concerned about the number in our party and having to get a large table so we opted for early seating to be assured of dining time. Next time we cruise on our own, I believe we will try the anytime dining option.

We were excited that any time dining was now being offered and were going to opt for it in Dec. But we are traveling with a group of 9. My FIL has diabetis and needs to eat on a schedule. We were concerned about the number in our party and having to get a large table so we opted for early seating to be assured of dining time. Next time we cruise on our own, I believe we will try the anytime dining option.

We too have a group of 9, but have decided to chance it when we sail on the Spirit in July. I have asked if anyone can tell me it there are tables in the anytime section that will accommodate us, so far this has not been answered. My group will be flexible if necessary and split up between 2 tables, but hopefully we won't have to do that. :confused:

On 99% or so, of ALL cruises, you MUST be back on the ship 1 or 2 HOURS before early dining. Many, many ships leave ports at 5PM [some at 4PM]. If your ship sails at 5PM you MUST be on board at 4:30PM. If your plan is to always arrive back at the ship 1/2 hour before sailing time, that 'plan' WILL some day bite you in the butt.

I'd GUESS that 80+% of all pax are back on board at 4PM for a 5PM sailaway. That IS 2 hours and 15 minutes before early dining opens. [A dining venue that no longer even pretends to have a dress code.]

But, your call if you wish to choose Anytime dining so you can operate at half speed. Anytime dining helps you with your dining schedule, but puts you out of phase with the on board entertainment schedule.

We are sailing in December on the Dream, 3 out of 4 ports depart at 6pm. Tha's why I'm glad for the anytime dining. And why so huffy, you can still have traditional, and yes I also love the relaxed dress codes. But you can eat when you want, see the entertainment when you want, and dress as you want, Don't see how doing what I want would ruin your cruise. We both pay the same so should be able to do what we want, which is exactly what Carnival is letting us do.

Just off the Miracle too and Anytime worked great for us; we don't like to be scheduled for dinner, we were able to have a table for 2 with the same staff with no wait more than 5 minutes. Never did we feel any rush.

Walking out of the dining Room at 8:15, there was a huge line for late sitting.

I guess it all depends of your style and I think that is is great that cruise lines offers both options in order to please everyone.

I have a simple hypothetical question....I know we have to pick assigned dining or open dining when booking. I also know that we can't go back and forth between the two choices. But, how does the dining staff know which one you chose? It is obvious you can't just show up for an assigned seating time if you picked open seating...but, if you go to open seating when your supposed to be at assigned seating, how do they know? Is it on the S&S card and do they check it nightly before they sit you in the open section?

I have a simple hypothetical question....I know we have to pick assigned dining or open dining when booking. I also know that we can't go back and forth between the two choices. But, how does the dining staff know which one you chose? It is obvious you can't just show up for an assigned seating time if you picked open seating...but, if you go to open seating when your supposed to be at assigned seating, how do they know? Is it on the S&S card and do they check it nightly before they sit you in the open section?

It should say on your S&S card. If not they will ask for your cabin number.........

Yes, they scan your S&S card when you show up for open seating. If you are listed for Traditional dining, they won't seat you.

Archived