Anyone ever rearrange the furniture in a suite?

Arwenmark

I was looking at some pictures of a suite we have booked and thinking how the table and chairs would be better closer to the balcony door for view purposes and how the love seat would be better across the room, and It made me wonder if anyone did any furniture re arranging in their Suite and if so how did the staff take it?

Hm, next I will be thinking about getting the decorator's in as well, LOL

Hehe - yeah last year when I was on the Sky with my SIL we moved the beds (balcony rm) to each side of the room instead of just parting them. It was funny, our guy came in and was like "Huh? Did you guys do this?" LOL

It made a lot of extra space for walking though!

I was looking at some pictures of a suite we have booked and thinking how the table and chairs would be better closer to the balcony door for view purposes and how the love seat would be better across the room, and It made me wonder if anyone did any furniture re arranging in their Suite and if so how did the staff take it?

Yes, I have and the room stewards did not say a word.

I was traveling with three girlfriends and we rearranged the room then moved it back the last morning. Our configuration worked much better for us with 4 in a room. :)

Something else I always do to help out on the last morning....I strip the beds and stuff all the linens into a pillowcase. I like to be the last person off the boat so I like to help them in getting ready for the next lucky passengers. :D

Just a tip for you! The beds are light but the love seat is heavy!

I was just in a hotel where I stayed a week and I rearranged some items and each day when I got back to my room they were back where they had been, most inconvenient for me I finally stopped having them service the room at all.

There were many other adventures with this particular hotel too.

Hehe - yeah last year when I was on the Sky with my SIL we moved the beds (balcony rm) to each side of the room instead of just parting them. It was funny, our guy came in and was like "Huh? Did you guys do this?" LOL

It made a lot of extra space for walking though!

Thanks for the tip! We have only been in a balcony (actually it was a mini suite) once for a 1-nighter. What we (I travel with my sister) prefer about oceanview cabins is that with the beds on either side of the room perpendicular to the ship, there is LOTS of walking around space. With the balcony, it seemed all that space was lost. And it was more inconvenient to have to walk around the beds to get to the door or bathroom. This June we'll be in our first balcony for a full length cruise and I might take a look at what rearranging we can do.

Rearrange the furniture however you want it. Explain to your butler that you would like it left this way for the whole cruise and they WILL take care of you, have no fear! Suite life is not like living in the real world where you have to worry about these things. Your butler and room steward will take care of you. :D

You saw how we took the dining chairs outside in our photos...neither the room stewards or the Butler ever said anything or put them back.

We moved the slipper chair everyday and the room stewards always put it back where it belonged.

If you do rearrange...be sure to snap some photos so we can see:p

YUP - we've moved furniture before. The bench at the foot of the bed in the AD suite takes up way too much room so we slid it underneath the counter where the ice bucket sat. Made it much easier to move around.

We've never had a problem and no one ever moved anything back to its original location - at least not while we were onboard:).

We had one too many chairs, so we threw it overboard - made for alot more room!:D

Yes, I often rearrange the furniture so that I can maneuver better in my wheelchair. I do this both on the ship and in hotel rooms. But I'm always careful to tell the steward (or maid) that I want and need to have the furniture the way I have placed it, please leave it that way -- and I generally don't have a problem. If I don't tell them, they think they're doing me a favor by "putting it back in place".

YUP - we've moved furniture before. The bench at the foot of the bed in the AD suite takes up way too much room so we slid it underneath the counter where the ice bucket sat. Made it much easier to move around.

We've never had a problem and no one ever moved anything back to its original location - at least not while we were onboard:).

Yeah, I forgot about that bench. It was in the way.

Yes, I often rearrange the furniture so that I can maneuver better in my wheelchair. I do this both on the ship and in hotel rooms. But I'm always careful to tell the steward (or maid) that I want and need to have the furniture the way I have placed it, please leave it that way -- and I generally don't have a problem. If I don't tell them, they think they're doing me a favor by "putting it back in place".

Ah yes, but in fact I left them notes each day asking that they not touch it and that they leave the beds a certain way, also WC issues, and I even called and told the front desk after this was ignored.

This is also the hotel that turned the water off for three Day times of my stay, and that had a fire alarm where I was left to evacuate the hotel as best I could alone then wait in the lobby long after everyone had gone back to bed till they got the elevators going again.

As I say it was an interesting adventure. First time I traveled alone in 12 years.

McCall.. the only thing like that we have ever felt the need to do was on one cruise they had two lounge chairs on our balcony and we asked for like two days in a row for a normal sitting chair or two and for them to remove the lounge chair. We finally gave up and just took two chairs from the dining table out and used them. Every time our room was cleaned or straightened, we would come back and the chairs were around the table. So after three or four times of that, we gave up again and just used the lounge chairs as best we could..LOL. If the dining chairs had been some that would have been damaged I would have just brought them back in after we used them, but they were plastic seats and backs.. oh well. no biggie.

In the AD suites on the Jewel there is a long bench at the foot of the bed that just gets in the way.

Imagine stumbling to and from the bathroom from the far side of the bed and cracking your toes or shin on a wooden bench in the middle of the night in the dark in a strange room on a rocking ship with a few drinks under your belt....then dancing arouind in pain , bouncing off the wall and desk and praying you don't fall down or lose control of your bladder...

I always have that bench removed by the steward.

Archived