Cruise Luggage Tags and Tour Before Cruise

NLRetired

OK, as I am buried in all my paperwork for our first-ever cruise NEXT WEEK (cruisetour to Alaska on the Coral), I have a question about the Princess luggage tags I received in my precruise package.

We fly to Seattle on our own, then spend the night at the Doubletree, and then take Alaska Air to Anchorage. The hotel and the Alaska Air are all part of the package. I know that I do not put the Princess luggage tags on anything up to this point.

OK, now we get ready to start the land portion. As I understand it, we each get 1 piece of luggage (and 1 carry-on) that we can take with us to Mt. McKinley Lodge and to Denali Lodge. If we have additional bags, these get labeled as "Meet me at the ship" and off it goes, and dutifully meets us when we get to the Coral a few days later.

We anticipate having 3 bags (not counting the carry-ons) total between my wife and me. When do we put the Princess luggage tags on the 3 pieces?? Do we put one on the "meet me" bag when we hand it over as the land portion begins?? That makes the most sense since we won't have it with us when we actually board. If so, do we mark it as "1 of 1" since it will be by its lonesome, and make the others as "1 of 2, 2 of 2"?

I know this seems petty but just don't want to end up with one of our bags who knows where!

Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

:)

This question brings back memories!! When we got our directions for our Alaska cruise-tour (on the Coral also), we were so confused. Well, I was, I should say ... my DH doesn't do packing. But it's not as bad as it seems, once you figure out what to put in the carry ons. They will need to be small enough to go under a seat, so don't go crazy. You really won't see the "ship" bags once you leave them with Princess, so make sure there's nothing you need before you get on the ship.

Archived