Best time of year to go cave tubing?

Grits53

In 2010, we can cruise in May, June, Sept. or Oct. Which month would be best for cave tubing in Belize? (Disregard hurricane season; we'll take our chances on that.) I'd be looking for safe water levels plus maybe less "traffic" on the river. I'll be booking soon so would like some input on this. Thanks! :D

In 2010, we can cruise in May, June, Sept. or Oct. Which month would be best for cave tubing in Belize? (Disregard hurricane season; we'll take our chances on that.) I'd be looking for safe water levels plus maybe less "traffic" on the river. I'll be booking soon so would like some input on this. Thanks! :D

We were there in Sept 08 and I was really disappointed, the water was so low and slow that we had to have butts up most of the time and were really pulled thru rather then floating. But the week after we came home the woman was killed and they said that the current was really bad. So I really don't know. Wanted more adventure with the feeling of floating and more speed. Although I guess it would be dangerous in the caves.

Belize's rainy season starts in June through November. We just got back and the water was a little low in 2 spots but it wasn't a big deal. You don't want the water to be too high because it can be dangerous. Book with a reputable company and always wear your life vest even if it is optional. Maj Tom was a good choice for us. We just got back this morning and cave tubed on Friday and had a blast. We only had a group of 8 with 2 guides. The guides have to do some extra work in some spots but they manage very well and you will not have a problem. They include lunch which was very good. I would worry more about the hurricanes than the cave-tubing. If it is not safe they will not go. Our guide has been doing this for 12 years and is very reputable.

Archived