Question about Guaranteed Cabin on NCL?

Hello,

My boyfriend and I just booked a last minute cruise on NCL, and with us being college students and being absolutely broke :D, we decided to take the guaranteed cabin since it was the cheapest and neither of us have problems with motion sickness or claustrophobia. I'm wondering how the whole "guaranteed" cabin thing works? Are we more than likely going to receive an inside cabin or do you usually receive a better one? Any thought would be greatly aprpeciated. Thanks!

Well first of all you normally would book a Category guarantee. and that means you get at least that category and possibly higher. So it depends on what category your guarantee was in.

It also depends on how full your ship is, if it is not full you are likely to do better in what is assigned than if it is mostly full.

You could get anything, but nothing lower than the category you booked.

The first cruise I booked with NCL, we booked 6 months in advance and an inside guarantee, the absolute lowest cost cabin. We were "upgraded" to deck 10, but still an inside cabin which I was happy with. then one time we booked the same, an inside guarantee. The ship was full due to Good Morning America doing a special that week on baord. We got a terrible cabin...inside ofcourse, and on a lower level. We heard the engines and the I think the crew laundry room was right next door.

I feel like you're kinda playing the lottery when you book the guarantees. One time on Princess, we were upgraded all the way to an oceanview cabin! That was exciting but from what I hear, it rarely happens. Good luck and enoy your vacation!

You might be lucky enough to get an upgrade but it will likely still be an inside. Generally it's inside-inside, OV-OV, etc.

But you also might get exactly the category you booked gty. That just happened to us for our upcoming Jade cruise. Booked a BD gty and was assigned rather quickly a BD.

So you just have to be happy with the minimum you booked and keep your fingers crossed.:)

Archived