Complainers

nschille04

Come on everyone this is a great place to learn about cruising. Good or bad I really feel it is very helpful!!! There will always be complainers rather there cruising or what ever but it is good to hear both sides. I take away what I want to take away rather it's good or bad! So let's have great times on our cruises as I feel it is all on how you make it.

So, I am relatively new to this board and overall I have found it to be a tremendous resource in planning my next cruise. A lot of posters have a wealth of knowledge on travel and have saved me time and probably some money. I have noticed however, that this board is filled with whiners. Now, maybe bringing this up, and my subsequent post, will make me exactly the type of complainer that I’m criticizing….I guess that’s a change I’m willing to take.

The world isn’t perfect. You’ll never meet anyone who tells you it is…Things go wrong. Sometimes the weather is unpleasant. Sometimes the water is choppy. None of the bad things that happen on a cruise are done to specifically inconvenience anyone. The Captain doesn’t skip a port because he wants to stick it to the passenger. The Chef doesn’t make the beef a little too salty because he knows it will offend your sensitive pallet. The little girl crying by the pool isn’t doing so to disturb your nap… I know sometimes these situations can be avoided and when you pay $1000+ for a vacation you expect to have a good time, but everyone’s idea of a good time (or yummy food for that matter) is different, and the cruise line can not possibly give 100% of the passengers a perfect experience 100% of the time. You are on vacation. You are not at work. You are not in the cold Midwest or mowing your lawn. Have a good time. You certainly won’t get your money’s worth if you spend your whole trip sulking.

In short, don’t sweat the small stuff. If you are cruising, you obviously are in good enough health to travel, have some level of discretionary income, and got a few days off of work. That’s more than a lot of people have.

Amen to that!

Archived