Aft Balcony on Ruby Princess BB Category

CHARGERFAN83

We have booked right now a balcony room towards the middle of the ship but have been thinking about changing to a BB category on the aft on the ship. We have read that the balconies might be a little larger and the views a little better. We are looking at room #B752 on the Baja deck. Does anyone have any experience with a room similar to this? Noise? Wave movement? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi Charger Fan...not sure if you will trust this from a Vikingsfan....but I have also been researching the aft cabin dilema. After reading a lot of posts it seems the aft is the way to go. We had booked a mini suite, we were not impressed with the open balcony so we rebooked c752 for the same cruise Aug 20. It seems like to balcony is covered, and you only share a wall with 1 cabin. If you type in your cabin number, there should be some threads to follow including pictures.

Good luck

Aft facing BB category balconies on Grand Class Princess ships are larger and fully covered than side facing balconies BUT, some of these aft facing BB balconies have partial balcony obstructions in the form of a 3 ft wide column (also called beam by some) and some are next to AC vents that have been reported to be loud, cold, smelly.

PNut362 recently posted the following over on the Princess boards about aft facing BB balconies on Emerald/Ruby/Crown Princess:

"From what I understand B748/749 are the corner ones that are the best.

B750/751 have the big beam obstruction in the middle of the balcony

B752/753 have beams but they are more on the side of the balcony and not as bad of an obstruction

B754/B755 have no beam

B756/757 are right next to the A/C units"

There is also a thread on Princess board by FLVOL77 that has pictures of the aft of many Princess ships so you can see the beam/column actually obstruction.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps!

We were in cabin C752, if you can get this cabin or the other side C753 you will never want another cabin. We had this cabin on a 10 day southern and it was the best cabin we ever had. There are no beams or noise. The balcony and view is amazing. It is very quiet because no one walks past your door. It has a large table, recling chair foot rest and other chairs. I would choose this cabin over anyother cabin on the ship. When we booked it we got a bargain, during the waiting period to cruise the cabin was up graded to a higher class, I guess they found out how to make more money.

• 1 year later...

Michael Kays-- were you bored that you read all the way back to 2009? :rolleyes:

We have sailed 9 times out of 15 on the aft and I do have to agree with you that C753 was our favorite balcony ever.

It was the one that felt the most private---but this balcony would not be for someone who hopes to get sun. Because the only place the sun shines was at the rail. It does keep the cabin rather cool with no sun beating down on it though.

By far it is the best... if someone could grab it they should-- and make decisions later.

We gave up that cabin on the Ruby== and it was gone within an hour

• 3 months later...

Just got off the Caribbean Princess room C752. I was so looking forward to this room after reading all of the posts. However I could not stand the vibration that comes with a aft facing balcony. Yes the view is fantastic, however my sleep is way more important.

If you are sensitive to vibration stay away from the aft balconies.

Also, very noisy when pulling or backing into port.

I would never book it again. I will stick with my quiet, vibration-free caribe deck balconies. Way better for sleeping

Archived