The Up Sell Fairy lives

Fire LT

Hi all, just thought I'd let you know that the Up Sell Fairy still lives. We are booked for a BA on the Spirit out of Boston for May 22nd and got a call this afternoon from NCL offering an upgrade to a penthouse for $946.70 for my DW and I. It was a very good rate but DW and I decided to stay with our BA. Still have one in college and 1 to go so we didn't feel comfortable shelling alomost a grand more at this time for the penthouse. Beside...how bad can the top balcony be????:rolleyes: May next time we get an offer we will be in a postion to take it.

Alan D.

Not the best deal I've seen for a PH. It should have been for around $100 to $150 pp

What do you think a good price going from AE Stern wrap a round to an AB or AA would be? I should say a reasonable price?

I would have turned down the offer, too. That $946 will pay for a lot of excursions and/or fun onboard. Obviously your cabin is of interest, so maybe they will call you back with a better offer....

I would keep my fingers crossed.

What do you think a good price going from AE Stern wrap a round to an AB or AA would be? I should say a reasonable price?

We have been offered PH suites 3 times now and only accepted once and that was for PH on the Sky 3 and 4 day b2b =7 days and accepted for $150 pp for the 7 days.

We have also turned down 2 offers because we always do back to back cruises and never have been able to get the offer for both weeks same suite so therefore we won't move in between cruises up or down between suites.

Good move. I agree with the others that it was too high. We went from a BA to an AA for $200 a person. That was well worth it. As others have said you can do a counter offer and see if they would go for that.

I'm clueless about the fairy and her dealings, but doesn't the amount of your current fare play a role in what's offered?

Or have I just proved my cluelessness.. :p

I'm clueless about the fairy and her dealings, but doesn't the amount of your current fare play a role in what's offered?

Or have I just proved my cluelessness.. :p

ACtually I was told by the accounting department one time that it did, that they looked at what you paid compared to others in similiar cabins and if you paid more you were more likely to get an offer.

That didn't sound like a good deal so I am glad you turned it down. We got an upgrade from the Star AF mini suite to a full suite AC category and it didn't cost us a penny! They just called and asked us if we wanted it. Sailing next Sat from Seattle on an Alaskan cruise.

That didn't sound like a good deal so I am glad you turned it down. We got an upgrade from the Star AF mini suite to a full suite AC category and it didn't cost us a penny! They just called and asked us if we wanted it. Sailing next Sat from Seattle on an Alaskan cruise.

Congrats on the upgrade! Enjoy the views and we'll be eager to hear all about your cruise when you return. Take good care of the Star as we'll be on her May 30th!:)

Congrats on the upgrade! Enjoy the views and we'll be eager to hear all about your cruise when you return. Take good care of the Star as we'll be on her May 30th!:)

Brunolvr, I just noticed your signature quote - I love it. It goes well with something I often say which is that the secret to happiness isn't having what you want, but wanting what you have. Yours is more poetic, so I may have borrow it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Archived