belize is UPD

Isasprings

UGLY,POOR,DIRTY just came back last week is not dangerous but is very ugly.

Just like plenty of other places- If you would leave the port area then there are some nice places to see and things to do. I wouldn't judge an entire country by just a small area.

Sorry..but living in South Florida there are plenty of UPD(that was a new one fr me) places as well....I actually drive past a lot of them on the way to the Port of Miami.

I was in belize last year, and will be there in 2 weeks. I am confident that the tour I selected will show the beauty of the country. You may not have done a lot of research prior to booking the tour or been specific in what you wanted to see.

I appreciate reviews of countries...but be specific, you are making a general remark, with no data or facts to back up your comments.

Sorry..but living in South Florida there are plenty of UPD(that was a new one fr me) places as well....I actually drive past a lot of them on the way to the Port of Miami.

I was in belize last year, and will be there in 2 weeks. I am confident that the tour I selected will show the beauty of the country. You may not have done a lot of research prior to booking the tour or been specific in what you wanted to see.

I appreciate reviews of countries...but be specific, you are making a general remark, with no data or facts to back up your comments.

I totally agree with you. I had done tons of research on our ports. In Belize we had a ship excursion booked, but that ended up being cancelled just hours before we got there. When we got off the tender I knew from the research I had done what we should do. We hired a tour company driver for the day and saw some beautiful country. Research does wonders!

We just got back this morning from Belize and we liked that port the best out of the other two. We also went to Limon, Costa Rica and Colon Panama which were nice but Belize was the nicest out of the three.

You have to explore the country. Do cave tubing, do see the ruins and zip lining or the zoo. If you just go see the shops it's not worth getting off the ship. Explore you will enjoy it. Read the posts on Belize and get the research done for you. People that have been there know what they are talking about. :D

We stopped in Belize this past Friday on the Freedom, and it was the most beautiful port we saw. We've been before and took that tour to Altun Ha. This time we went to to Bannister Island through Coral Breeze and on the way back saw a couple of manatees and some dolphins. Sorry you didn't see what we saw, but next time perhaps you should go with one of the tour companies versus a taxi. They know the highlights to show you. After all, as others have mentioned, every city has it's beautiful and ugly parts. Sounds like your guide wasn't very good.

I didn't find it UPD, Well ok maybe poor, but many of these countries are poor. That doesn't make them ugly. I want cave tubing the last time I was there and saw some really nice countryside. Got some lovely pictures. It was a good day and I look forward to going again.

We stopped in Belize this past Friday on the Freedom, and it was the most beautiful port we saw. We've been before and took that tour to Altun Ha. This time we went to to Bannister Island through Coral Breeze and on the way back saw a couple of manatees and some dolphins. Sorry you didn't see what we saw, but next time perhaps you should go with one of the tour companies versus a taxi. They know the highlights to show you. After all, as others have mentioned, every city has it's beautiful and ugly parts. Sounds like your guide wasn't very good.

Ok maybe I was not prepared for Belize because carnival changed Cozumel for Belize because of the swine flu was ok for me carnival had no choice all my plans for Cozumel were gone but that is life no problem.

We pay a lot of $ to the taxi driver including lunch and we don't like it

my DD and her B/f went on caving tru carnival $125 each they said is was ok but they don't like Belize they loved Grand Cayman they went on the submarine atlantis is was great.:)

Ok maybe I was not prepared for Belize because carnival changed Cozumel for Belize because of the swine flu was ok for me carnival had no choice all my plans for Cozumel were gone but that is life no problem.

We pay a lot of $ to the taxi driver including lunch and we don't like it

my DD and her B/f went on caving tru carnival $125 each they said is was ok but they don't like Belize they loved Grand Cayman they went on the submarine atlantis is was great.:)

wow, the ship charges $125 for cave tubing and only does one cave??? crap, we had a great time through Coarl Breeze for half that each with lunch and two caves and only 6 people on our tour! We passed the massive ship tours which didn't look like any fun to me.

Carnival doesn't offer cave tubing anymore. It probably would be about $100 or more but because of the death in November they don't offer it anymore. I asked the excursion desk about it and they said that liability wise it was not worth it. They are being sued by the family of the women that died and also the tour company is being sued. They lost their license, the tour company. I am sure it will go on for a few years.

There are alot of fun things to do in Belize and we thought it was the most beautiful place we have been. I heard the snorkling was awsome.:)

I did cave tubing with Belize Cruise excursions. It was way cheaper than through the cruise ship and way more fun.

Also the Mayan Ruins are cool. I plan on doing one of them the next time I go. Bannister Island, Caye Caulker. Not so ugly IMHO.

The gazillionaires who live in Palm Springs probably think the same thing about your neighborhood...

I think it's unfair to say that. Unfortunately, not all countries are as rich as the United States. I think your post says more about you than Belize - which I loved!

Yes we hire a taxi driver for 4 hours and drove us all over belize we went to place to have lunch was ok but in general I will never go back to Belize.

In four hours - that's a pretty good achievement. Perhaps he should start day tours to Tikal.

We visited Belize in 2004 and loved the excursion to Lamanai - a very Indiana Jones feel to it when you get your first glimpse of a pyramid above the jungle from the river.

We will be back in December and plan to explore another of the major draws - snorkeling on the second largest barrier reef in the world.

Many port areas are very industrial and not a good indication of the wonders that await you if you venture farther afield. For anyone visiting Belize, I think you are in for a treat.

Archived