Childrens program on Spirit

cdpteach

We are thinking about booking the Spirit out of Boston for 2010....we usually sail RCL, but took NCL for our Honeymoon in 2000.

Can anyone tell me about the Children's programs on the Spirit? Or NCL for that matter??

Thanks in advance! :)

Our son has been on 2 cruises - Rhapsody of the Seas when he was 8, and the Sprit when he was 9. On both cruises, he was one of the oldest in his group, since RCCL groups kids 6-8, and NCL groups them 6-9. He liked both kids programs equally well. I can't speak for the younger or older age groups, but for his age, both had great staff and well organized programs. The Spirit has a nice big kid's area with a climbing area/ball pit. On the Spirit, we were given the schedule for the whole week when he first checked into the program, instead of receiving the daily Kid's Compass each day. On 2 of our 3 sea days on the Spirit, the afternoon time period was "Family time", where the parents stayed and supervised their own kids, but the ball pit area was open, and they played bingo and Wii. When in port, they offered group baby-sitting that you paid extra for, but we never tried that - he always went into port with us. I hope that helps!

We love the NCL Kids Crew, my boys consider it the highlight of the cruise! They are run the same way on each ship, so you can take a look at the Gem and Dawn pics to get an idea. I also have all the schedules and kids menus, etc. to look at. The freestyle dining is also a great thing to have with kids. You can go around their schedule which makes for happy kids!

We were on the Spirit in March with DD (8) and DS (3). The kids absolutely LOVED the kids club. DS cried on the last day because we were coming home. The counselors gave us a pager for DS on the first couple of days of the cruise because we were worried about whether he would do well but he was fine. They always had plenty of activities, games, movies, etc for the kids and the kids even put on a talent show for the parents at the end of the cruise. Freestyle dining and dress code was wonderful with the kids and the special kids pool area was a great area. Our kids still talk about the Spirit and how they want all of their vacations to be on this ship. I hope you have a great time.

Archived