4 hours in Vancouver, Capilano Suspension Bridge?

KIM448

Hi,

We (6 of us including a 9 & 6 year old) are sailing southbound into Vancouver after a 12 night landtour/crusie with Princess this coming June/July. We dock at 7:30 am and our flight from Vancouver to Toronto is at 2pm.

I have read that you can apply for "early disembarkment" is this true is this easy? and how?

We would like to check out the Capilano Suspension bridge/park. It looks great and I know the kids would enjoy it before hopping on a plane for 5 1/2 hours.

I figure we need to be off the ship by 8am, take our luggage to CDS and have them take it to the airport for us and be at the airport by noon to pick up our luggage. Leaving 1 1/2 hours to transfer between cruise to the Capilano and back to the airport and 2 hours at the Capilano.

Is this realistic in the amount of time we have?

Does anyone know of a larger taxi that could accomodate all 6 of us? Any ideas of how much it would cost to taxi back and forth?

Thanks

Hi,

Does anyone know of a larger taxi that could accomodate all 6 of us? Any ideas of how much it would cost to taxi back and forth?

Thanks

The cheapest and most direct would be to catch public transit. You can take the Sea Bus (the terminal is very close to Canada Place) across to Lonsdale Quay and then catch bus 236 which will take you right to CSB. My query showed that the busses run about every 15 minutes and it would take about 1/2 hour to get to CSB.

The Translink website allows you to search out various routes.

http://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiwire?.a=iTripPlanning

The key will be whether you can get off the ship early enough.

Archived