How loing before you met your cabin steward?

chloes nana

I never met our steward on our 12 day HAL holiday cruise.

Our upcoming cruise will be our first HAL. OUr first Princess cruise, our first cruise in almost 10 yrs., our cabin steward was in the room immediately introducing himself, asking if we neede anything, etc. I wanted to just look at the room and forgo the formalities. He was our best cabin steward so far. On our second Caribbean Princess cruise we NEVER met or saw our steward and he was horrible. He never emptied ash trays, left food trays in the room and hallway. On the last formal night we had some sangria, complete with fruit in the glass. When we left the ship 2 days later that glass was still sitting in our cabin!! ANeedless to say he didn't get an extra tip!

WOW...I'm amazed, that has never happened to us..We've always met our Stewards in the first hour or so...Maybe it's because we always board early, have lunch in the Lido & then go to our cabins around 1 or 1:30 as soon as the announcement is made..

does that hold true for the veranda cabins as well, and not just the suites and penthouse??

Yes it's true for all cabins..We normally book only outside cabins & have always had our Steward come to our cabin to introduce himself.. Unfortunately we weren't aware that there was a second Cabin Steward & only gave the first Steward an extra tip when we were on our cruise last year..This time we'll be sure to give both of them an extra amount, if we receive the usual excellent service..

Chloes nana...You will always remember your first cruise.. We cruised with dear Friends in the 70's & just last week, we were reminiscing about it with them..I understand the feeling of wishing the time to pass quickly..I still get that way & we've been on many cruises since then..

Hope you have a wonderful time!:)Betty

Chloes nana...You will always remember your first cruise.. We cruised with dear Friends in the 70's & just last week, we were reminiscing about it with them..I understand the feeling of wishing the time to pass quickly..I still get that way & we've been on many cruises since then..

Hope you have a wonderful time!:)Betty

thanks Betty and the time is passing ever so slow, but I am afraid if I wish hard for time to pass, the cruise will be gone in the blink of an eye. ;)

Archived