Need help!!!

kcep02

To make a long story short we were going to drive to Port Canveral. No problem. Now we are considering renting a car and driving to Port Canaveral and flying home.

Can anyone suggest the best way to get to the airport and prices and what is the earliest we should book a flight. Thanks so much and we are leaving in 3 days. I am starting to stress abit about this.

To make a long story short we were going to drive to Port Canveral. No problem. Now we are considering renting a car and driving to Port Canaveral and flying home.

Can anyone suggest the best way to get to the airport and prices and what is the earliest we should book a flight. Thanks so much and we are leaving in 3 days. I am starting to stress abit about this.

Leaving in three days??:eek: Have you checked the one way rates for car rental and airfare yet?

Wellll, Cocoa Beach Shuttle is great for getting to the airport, I don't have their website but if you google it, you can make advance ressies.

Me, I wouldn't book a flight before 1PM, and most likely I would book for around 2. Many will say you can go earlier but I don't like the stress and would rather hang out with a bloody mary at the airport....

It can be really expensive to book a car one way....I like to use Budget, they are right in the Orlando airport, so is Dollar and a few others...and the drop off in Port Canaveral is convenient to the port...

HTH, I would get booking!!!!:)

Thanks for the help.

We get a great corp rate on rental cars. And flight home is only $101 pp. Also we will not have an extra hotel stay on that day as well. I dont think my husband could drive all the way home in one day it is about a 12 hour drive. He cant sleep while someone else drives so he prefers to drive himself.

Kristi

Please, be real careful- we rented a car in Orlando through Enterprise- arranged to drop it off at Port Canaveral- when we went to drop it off the agency had closed (noon on Saturdays!) -it is also hard to find if you follow their directions- Luckily there was a taxi there and we made it to the boat with minutes to spare. :mad:

Enterprise was not very accomodating......

When you get off the ship you can take the rental cars shuttle from the port to the airport for free. We found out about this a number of years ago when we rented a car prior to the cruise and dropped it off. The agent was nice enough to say... when you are coming back for the airport be sure to take our shuttle over and it's free! I had never given it a thought so it is our mode of tranport just about every time now, unless we need to leave right away because of a flight.

Archived