T Mobile Cell Service at Legend ports

In July we'll be on the Legend. Has anyone with TMobile cell service recently tried using their phones at the 4 ports? In case you have TMobile and were on a different ship with the same ports its- Belize, Roatan, Cozumel, Grand Cayman. Any info would be greatly appreciated were worried we wont be able to call and check on the kids.

I have not used T-mobile on the Legend or at the ports you mentioned, but I did use it on the Pride, and that cell tower was registered in Aruba, and through T-mobile, I was charged $4.99/minute even when I was in port in Long Beach. T-mobile seems to charge an extra service charge for all calls made "at sea", meaning when you are connected to the ships cell tower. This was in April and December 2007, so you may want to contact T-mobile to see if this policy has changed since then.

Hopefully somebody will be able to give you T-mobile info for this specific ship and ports.

Your Tmobile phone will work in all those ports, just make sure you have the "international plan" added to your base plan (its free).

Also, just be aware, its VERY, VERY expensive to make calls.

Even if you leave your phone on and someone calls you and leaves a voicemail, you will still be charged.

Best way to stay connected at sea, is to turn off the cellphone when you arrive at your embarkation port and stick it in the safe. Gives you piece of mind that its there just in case. The when you want to make phone calls, buy calling card in the port your in. Ask a crew member or 2 what the best ones are, they would know.

That's just my .02 cents

Happy Cruising!

Archived