Bermuda on Grandeur

My sister and I are considering taking our 80-yr old mom on the 5-day to Bermuda on Grandeur. Our mom is in pretty good shape for an 80-yr old cancer survivor, but doesn't handle standing or walking for extended periods well. I thought Bermuda would be a good destination, since she only wants 5 days, and this itinerary includes sea days, which are good for her. None of us have been to Bermuda, but have always wanted to go. Are there excursions that an 80 yr old with some limited mobility would enjoy?

On a separate note, we are looking at the Royal Family Suite. Any comments about 3 adults in that type cabin? This is probably the last time we'll all be able to travel together, so we'd like it to be memorable.

TIA for your help!

You might want to check with the cruise line about 3 in a RFS. I think they like to put 5 in there. If it does not sell a couple of weeks out they will sometimes let it go with fewer than 5.

This might have changed but it used to be this way so call to check.

Im taking my mom on the granduer to Bermuda on aug 22. I have done Bermuda before and I choose it to take my Mom Because Its a Easy cruise being in one port. Bermuda is awsome If you dont want an tour you can just take a ferry into town

My 2 daughters and I are taking my 75 yo Mom on the Grandeur to Bermuda in one of the Royal Family Suites next week.

We chose Bermuda because it's just the one port with lots of convenient public transportation. My mom likes to shop and there are plenty of lovely little shops to please her in Bermuda. We're going to take the water taxi to St. Georges on the first day and the second day we're going to hang around Kings Wharf.

Grandeur is a perfect ship to take if mobility is an issue. The ship isn't overwhelmingly large and the crew is tremendously helpful.

We were able to books a RFS for four of us. We chose it because it has two separate bedrooms, one of the baths has a bathtub not just the shower, and the balcony was nice and large so mom can relax outside and have her tea. I'm also hoping the steward will spoil my mom rotten. :D

By the way, prepare to fall in love with Bermuda. It's my favorite cruise destination!

Cheryl, thanks for your detailed reply. I did call RCI about availability for the RFS and the rep I spoke to made no mention of a minimum number of guests for that suite. I did tell him we'd be three. Sounds like Bermuda would be a great destination!

Archived