Exciting Deals

PCO

Does anyone ever had success with getting a (huge !) price adjustment with Celebrity Exciting Deals offers ? These offers are allways marked as 'new bookings only' and my TA told me that Celebrity really stick to it...

Does anyone ever had success with getting a (huge !) price adjustment with Celebrity Exciting Deals offers ? These offers are allways marked as 'new bookings only' and my TA told me that Celebrity really stick to it...

Your TA is right. They are not budging, when it comes to New Bookings Only.

You might consider making a new reservation and cancelling the old, assuming you're within the penalty-free window for cancelling. If your current cabin was specially selected and you don't want to give it up, Celebrity talked my TA and me through securing my old cabin on a new reservation. 1) Make a new reservation for the same category stateroom 2) Request to be waitlisted for your original stateroom 3) THEN cancel your original reservation. 4) Try immediately to pick up your original cabin on your new reservation. It should be in the system as soon as you cancel, but the Celebrity agent said a waitlist makes sure no one picks it up first. The only downside is I had to put down a new deposit before receiving the refund for my original.

According to what I and others have been told, you cannot cancel a reservation and rebook the same cruise for a new bookings only special.

I am sure this is the case. But the interesting strategy that latjr described involves making the new booking first, before canceling the old. So you have two bookings on the cruise, then cancel the old and hope you are successful in picking up the cabin you want. Some risk here, especially if you want to end up with a specific cabin choice, but it seems to me the worst that could happen price wise is that you end up with your original booking. Hmmm:eek: -- or maybe the cabin you would rather not have at your original booking price.

David

My TA did cancel and old reservation and make a new one when Celebrity was offering some specials in early spring. But this was before I had to pay in full. We ended up saving $1200, getting an on-board credit and even upgraded to CC (still saving the $1200) from the 2B we had booked on Solstice.

I am sure this is the case. But the interesting strategy that latjr described involves making the new booking first, before canceling the old. So you have two bookings on the cruise, then cancel the old and hope you are successful in picking up the cabin you want. Some risk here, especially if you want to end up with a specific cabin choice, but it seems to me the worst that could happen price wise is that you end up with your original booking. Hmmm:eek: -- or maybe the cabin you would rather not have at your original booking price.

David

There was a post on another thread regarding the xciting deals and canceling and rebooking and you do run the risk of them charging you what you saved.

My TA did cancel and old reservation and make a new one when Celebrity was offering some specials in early spring. But this was before I had to pay in full. We ended up saving $1200, getting an on-board credit and even upgraded to CC (still saving the $1200) from the 2B we had booked on Solstice.

It sounds like you booked a special sale - not an xciting deal - the xciting deals do not have onboard credit and are usually only available for sailings that are after final payment and only available for a very short time (usually Tuesdays during certain hours).

Archived