White Hot Party

Thanks! I've seen lots of curiosity here about the White Hot Parties, so well done for sharing!! :)

You're very welcome. It appears that the White Hot Party differs boat by boat. My recent Mexico cruise on The Star did not feature dancers. Instead, the cruise director and team dressed up in angel wings and danced around without choreography. The party was still a lot of fun especially since there were a few Spring Breakers onboard.

And I've been wondering about a couple of things..

1) How loud is the music? Head banging loud and can't hear yourself think, like a club?

2) Is this held in a smoking-permitted venue?

Just back from the Norwegian spirit. We did have dancers perform during our White Hot Party. We also had the cruise staff in angel wings. Thanks to Beverly for letting me borrow hers! :D It was a blast!

The music is like you'd find at a club. If you're out on the dance floor on the Norwegian Spirit then the music will be louder but if you're not out on the dance floor then you can still have a conversation and be heard in Galaxy of the Stars (the venue where it's held). The music is what you'd expect of a larger gathering catering to all audiences. However, the theme for White Party is not lost on NCL. Yes they do have YMCA but they also have dance music that is current and very little hip hop. Thanks to Frank, Hotel Director on the NCL Spirit, a CD I brought onboard specifically for this night was intermixed in the regular play list so this night really was incredible for me! It was everything a straight White Hot Party could be! :)

Wear white and live it up folks!!

PS... Smoking was permitted on the port side of Galaxy of the Stars during this event.

Any recent Gem Med. cruisers have details if party on board and what night? Interested to know about other party nights on this cruise.....Carnivale, Murder Mystery, etc. Any Freestyle Dailies out there yet?

aicruiser

I found the music loud, but not too. I suspect they adjust the music for the crowd. The Star was "wild" as there were many Spring Breakers on board, think "Toga Party". The Pearl was a bit more mature,but still some hip hop. It was a blast.

Hint: Pack some white or purchase the White Hot Party tee shirts in the gallery shop. They have angel wings printed on the back and "White Hot Party" on the front. Or, if you are brave and you have them, the white bathrobes from your room. Yes, we saw a few of those.

I found the music loud, but not too. I suspect they adjust the music for the crowd. The Star was "wild" as there were many Spring Breakers on board, think "Toga Party". The Pearl was a bit more mature,but still some hip hop. It was a blast.

Hint: Pack some white or purchase the White Hot Party tee shirts in the gallery shop. They have angel wings printed on the back and "White Hot Party" on the front. Or, if you are brave and you have them, the white bathrobes from your room. Yes, we saw a few of those.

There was someone wearing a bathrobe as well on the dancefloor on our cruise. I gave the person props as they were the only person wearing one! A toga party would have been fantastic! I guess it depends on the crowd and the vibe onboard! :D

Does anyone know if they have the shirts available in plus size too?

Hi Terry

How is the Phila group coming along. Any meetings planned?

I herd they also have Ship n' Males but I can't get anyone to confirm it.

Any special nights on NCL?`

from

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=782007

Click on Thumbnail

884002379_shipnDales.jpg.eab1c10294e07d0d8c3a474a4f759356.jpg

What time does the White Hot Party start? Is it only on one night of the cruise? We are going to be on the Star in October.
\

On our ship it started at 10:45 pm on Thursday and yes it is only on night

What time does the White Hot Party start? Is it only on one night of the cruise? We are going to be on the Star in October.

It was on Tuesday night on the Norwegian Spirit and it started at 10:45PM in Galaxy of the Stars. :) Not the ship you're going on but just some info for other Spirit cruisers! :D

Ah, I would have to dig deeper in cruise critic history to find the ship n males reviews... I dug a little bit and copied and pasted below my preious thoughts on the four white parties I attended on different ships. As I read through them, I wonder if indeed they are turning into just a dance party...will have to change that on the next cruise! coka

The Gem Christening December 2007: First ever white hot party on an NCL ship:

…We danced the rest of the night away. The Gem’s send-off party had a white night theme. Most everyone had their white sunglasses and their frosted necklaces. We were also encouraged to wear white. I had mostly black and a little white. We had to clear the dance floor a few times because the Gem dancers came out to perform. They also had white night specialty drinks with blinking lights on the glass bottom but I never ordered any to tell what was in them. I did have some complimentary beer, liquor and bottled water though! Since sail-and-sign did not apply to this cruise, we thanked the bartenders appropriately...

The Majesty White Hot Party: August 2008

The advertising for the big party throughout the ship was prevalent all day. Banners in stairwells, pamphlets in the cabins, staff wearing the white hot shirts as part of uniform, the crew stated Miami office was wonderful in their promotional support. Passengers got see to CD Ered Matthews around the ship wearing his white angel wings. A guy definitely needs a positive self esteem to wear them! Regarding the new parties, the ship can have everything perfect yet I was told it really is the passengers that make it or break it. When asked how long the events lasted, the answer was as long as the passengers wanted.

The adult White Hot Party took place in the Palace Theater. Bars set up on both sides did not cause anyone to wait long for a cocktail. A full house, it was definitely cool to see all the white and the surprises inside. Be sure to bring something white to wear on your next cruise. If not, they do sell the t-shirts. If they sold the wings, I probably would have purchased them. Maybe a better idea is to rent them out. My favorite outfit seen was on the middle aged married couple who certainly knew fun. They used their bed sheets and danced forever. Many others did too as CD Ered invited all to dance on the stage to the pulsating music and white lights.

More than just a dance party, they announced who was having a celebration. I was blessed to have two couples invite me to their party in the back of theater since I was watching it all from afar. I say party-in-the-back because they had a bottle of rum and all the mixers, ice and glasses. This was their own idea, yet I think the similar one will work very well on the F3 ship plan (a bottle at your table). Both couples celebrated their anniversaries. I thought it very sweet they shared the rum as well as a few dances with me.

At one point the Majesty dancers gave a performance and then later took pictures with passengers. Whether working or on break, they ensured all passengers felt special including me. Suddenly, a hand gently took my hand and I was asked to dance. The gentleman inquiring was the new CD John Ibrahim. As we first started dancing the coordinated step and synchronized dance movement song, I thought how envious the cruise critic fans of John-The-Hottie club were going to be…The white hot party lasted two hours and 40 minutes.

The Gem New Years Eve sailing White Hot Party: December 2008

Arriving to the white hot party a little late, the cruise staff was on the dance floor, the Gem dancers were on top of tables, the music was pumping, and the glow sticks were bright. The blinking lights from the specialty drink glasses added to the ambiance. Good thing Lu and I had our white rimmed sunglasses saved last year from the Gem’s inaugural christening white hot party. Although there was dancing prior to our arrival, the cruise staff seemed to have a difficult time continuing the dance mood. No passengers were on the dance floor when we got there.

Thinking of former NCL Pres. And CEO Colin Veitch and his previous team’s F3 vision, there was no way this party was going to go bust. With the help of Lu, our white rimmed sunglasses and our white hootchie-mamma gear, we went about the lounge and enticed people to get out on the dance floor. The pressure was on our shoulders. We kept working until no space remained and the dance floor was full. When enough passengers were out and we could not move anymore, our job was done. We miss Colin. We danced for him. We danced in his honor. We danced in his memory that evening.

Then we got thirsty and went to the bar. For our efforts, we were treated to an iceburg and an angeltini. Two very cool drinks, they arrived in a cone shape. One cone was made out of ice and was inserted into a cone glass. The iceburg drink was glowing blue and the angeltini was glowing pink. One was minty and one was sweet. We could not decide which one tasted better but both quenched our thirst. Taking out the block of coned ice afterwards felt even better on my arms, neck and back. I am so there if they put the ice bar next to the night disco on the F3’s! The party winded down about 1.5 hours later. Prior to leaving, I donated my sunglasses to the hottest, coolest person there who best exemplified the spirit, the mood, and the dance of a white hot party.

The Pearl’s White Hot Party February 2009

My third white hot party since implementation, they had the fog, snow, ice sculptures at the entrance where you could order cool types of shots, hot dancers, and great dance music. Each one is different and the Pearl had theirs set up like a nightclub. Doors closed at the entrance, you were greeted for a moment before let in. Once in, you see all the “bouncers,” aka the guys in white hot uniforms standing there. Them not knowing, I stood in their line-up for 5 seconds and greeted a few passengers coming in behind me.

Sister and I watched the party from afar at the bar. When almost over about 90 minutes later and more room under the lighted dance floor, we went out and danced. The best song for us was “I Will Survive…” our mother’s favorite.

The Dawns White Hot Party April 2009:

…The white hot party is a signature NCL party on each ship. The first rule is you do not have to wear white yet it sure can be more fun if you do! The second rule is do not be shy…get up there and dance. The third is you can kick back at the bar or relax in a comfy couch and just watch everyone else. I have yet to attend a white hot party that is the same. Each ship does it somewhat differently which I like. I have read on cruise critic that some have reported it is just a big dance party. Some are only that and others are more. I find it depends on the cruise staff and the passengers.

This party started around 10:45. The ice sculptures were on the stage, the show dancers danced a few songs, cocktails could be served in blinking light glasses, and the bartenders put on a demonstration. I danced a little bit but the most fun I had was assisting a 20-something cutie putting glo-sticks around his belt and asking a 30-something cutie dressed handsomely in an all black suit if he did not get the wear white memo. This one was just a big dance party. The real party was taking place down in Dazzles with Next Stage’s rock night scheduled the same time as this one.

Archived