Question about tours

Colombia1

Dear fellow travelers,

My SO and I are going to Alaska in July. We'll be taking a HAL cruise. So far we have not decided yet which tour to take but we are looking into the following tours:

Juneau: the Evening whale watching quest and the Mendenhall Glacier by helicopter and guided walk.

Sitka: the Sea Otter and wildlife quest

By any chance have anybody in this blog have taken those tours? If so, I would like to hear what you have to say both good and bad.

Thanks

Have done the daytime Whale Watch in Juneau, and it was great. Lots of sightings. Also did the Sitka Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest, and it remains one of my favorite memories. I'd do both again, budget permitting.

Can't help with the helicopter :D

If you want whale watching, I think a daytime trip is best. According to my research, the whales are less active in the evening.

I have done the Sitka Sealife tour and it was amazing. It is one of my favorite excursions I have ever taken. The only negative was that there were approximately 100 people on the boat. If possible, I would check into independent tours for wildlife and/or whale watching because they typically have less people on the boat.

Archived