Specific Instuctions on Canada Place Drop-off

jenga123

Can someone give me specific instructions where to drop off passengers and luggage at Canada Place. I'll be driving them by car. Looking at Goggle earth it seems if you drive straight up "Howe" into Canada Place you'll be on the top level. If you drive along "Waterfront" road you'll be on the lower level.

I will be on the Volendam so its a Wednsday departure. Hopefully not to busy. I don't want to be caught up with all the taxi cabs.

Also when the pasengers disembark, where is the best place to pick them up. Is there a pick up zone or should they wheel their luggage to that onsite hotel.

I took an Alaskan Cruise some 6 years ago, and the taxi driver from the airport dropped me off at some point in Canada Place where I had to schlep my luggage through security and waiting lounge. We were the only one with luggage and felt really dumb.

Any specifics would be appreciated. Thanks.

I was dropped off for a cruise recently and the driver went down the ramp and pulled right up to the front area (closest to the security line) where there were porters immediately available to take luggage. It looked like there were other private cars (as opposed to taxis) dropping people off there as well. It doesn't matter which way you come in, Canada Place is kind of like a little cul de sac so you will either go straight onto the ramp or turn left onto the ramp (we did the latter).

You should be able to pick people up there as well (have them go out the first door they come to rather than following the "taxi" signs) but if they are mobile then it might be a little less hectic to have them walk up the sidewalk next to the ramp with their luggage and have you pick them up in front of the hotel or on the plaza between the hotel and the new convention center. It is a bit of a walk though.

Go into the Canada Place driveway as if you were going to park for the old convention center...(seems strange referring to it that way...but it is old now). As you go down the ramp you will see signs where the road splits...one down to parking levels and the other to cruise ship passenger drop off....just follow the signs and you won't have a problem.

When you pick up...it may be easier to have the people you are picking up get their luggage then take the elevator down to the first level of parking under the trade center and you can pick them up there.

Just some thoughts.

I would drive north on Burrard to Waterfront, down the ramp at Canda Place and you can pull up to the curb where you can drop off your pax and their luggage and then go park. Alternatively you can park and all can walk to an elevator with their luggage in tow.

Archived