Camera for Stingrays?

You don't have to have an underwater camera but they sure take nice photos. On another thread discussing Nativeway, a fellow CC'er (Ron_L)had taken awesome photos. I asked him what kind of camera he used. It was an Olympus 1030SW.

The water is certainly clear enough to capture the sting rays. When I did the turtle swim in Barbados, I brought along the disposable underwater cameras. I was disappointed with the quality (they were good but not great but we were in 8-10 deep water) but others report great quality. I think that the disposable cameras will be fine in the shallow waters at the stingray sand bar.

Good luck. The stingray tour was absolutely fantastic!

We did the stingray excursion a couple weeks ago and used a cheap fujifilm waterproof throwaway camera. The pictures aren't very good in my opinion, but you get what you pay for :eek:!! I would much prefer higher quality photos, but am glad I at least have something to show from our excursion there.

The quality diminishes even farther when you scan them onto the computer. I did photoshop these a little.

stingray_holly.jpg?t=1243620490

stingray_brett.jpg?t=1243619944

stingray_underwatercopy.jpg?t=1243620543

I do plan to purchase a digital underwater camera before any future trips.

You don't have to have an underwater camera but they sure take nice photos. On another thread discussing Nativeway, a fellow CC'er (Ron_L)had taken awesome photos. I asked him what kind of camera he used. It was an Olympus 1030SW.

Thanks for the mention! :)

An underwater camera isn't mandatory, but it is nice to be able to take some underwater shots. Also, it is possible that you and your camera could get splashed and salt water is not good for a regular camera.

Here is one of my favorite underwater shots from stingray city.

Carnival%20Valor%2004192009%20092.jpg

Archived