Alcohol on board

Fawn

OK, I know the drinking age is 21...I'm not here to open up that particular can of worms! :O

Can you bring alcohol/beer/wine on board for consumption "in you room"? If so, do you just bring it on in your carry-on?

You are allowed to bring a bottle of wine or champagne (750 mil) per each 21 and over cruiser. I would bring THAT in my carry-on. Now the smugglers bring whatever they want in their CHECKED luggage. Rumrunners flasks are cool...I have one I am going to use....or maybe wrap your bottle in alot of bubblewrap and a giant baggie just in case it breaks and leaks in your luggage and onto everyone elses. Good Luck!!:D

Hey All. This is one of the cruises I'm considering for a last minute getaway with my two girls, 18 and 19. Any other 18-22 college age kids onboard?? Are the ports any good, or are we just all here for the party??? LOL

Would this be the reason for your question?

Yeah, just carry it on in your carry-ons.

we brought a small amount of liquor, a container of fruit punch, a 12 pack of soda, a 4 pack of redbull, a regular sized bottle of wine, a large sized bottle of wine, and 2 water bottles.

I believe everything but the liquor was in one suitcase with other toiletry items (shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, bug spray, etc) that we purchased in Miami. (we put this stuff in a bag that was folded up in our other suitcase when we flew carryon only). we put the liquor (plastic bottles) in my DH's shoes in the suitcase with our clothes. checked both, and everything made it to the room without a problem.

we wondered if we should have taken the wine carryon, one with each of us, rather than packing them together in one suitcase, but they were heavy and we decided to take our chances.

You are allowed to bring a bottle of wine or champagne (750 mil) per each 21 and over cruiser. I would bring THAT in my carry-on. Now the smugglers bring whatever they want in their CHECKED luggage. Rumrunners flasks are cool...I have one I am going to use....or maybe wrap your bottle in alot of bubblewrap and a giant baggie just in case it breaks and leaks in your luggage and onto everyone elses. Good Luck!!:D

OK, I get the why the rumrunner flask may be undetectable...but how in the world do you smuggle beer in your luggage???

And the flasks...they don't break or leak as they are throwing your luggage around???

How about soda...can I carry a 12 pack of that on??

Would this be the reason for your question?

Yeah, just carry it on in your carry-ons.

Heck, they can smuggle their own!!! LOL Put down the torches people...j/k....

I actually ask because I normally travel DCL, where it's perfectly acceptable to carry on whatever and however much liquor/beer/wine you would like. I'm not a huge drinker, but sure helps keep the price down!

And as I said...the drinking age and all the accompanying issues is not something I wanted to raise on this thread!

I believe they just do random searches of checked baggage, so if a luggage that contains alcohol isn't checked, they won't know. I don't believe they x-ray checked baggage. Anyone - is that correct?

But I would certainly feel safer on the ship if they did x-ray all checked baggage for other dangerous things!!

We are taking some rum runners. We'll stash (not "smuggle" - it's not illegal drugs) one in each bag we check. That way we'll hopefully end up with some, even if others are removed. :D

And about the "one" bottle of wine per person... a relative recently went on the Conquest and had FOUR bottles in her carry-on bag. No problems. Weird. And on other threads people have talked about putting beer cans and bottles in their carry-on's. I'm not that brave! :D And I don't drink beer.

I think they do x-ray checked luggage. We borrowed some luggage once and the friend hid a pair of handcuffs in it as a prank. The first evening prior to receiving our luggage we got a call to come to security. The cuffs showed up on the xray. Guess, they're a no-no.

Needless to say, they got a good laugh out of it, as did my wife.

The funny thing was, they didn't care about the bottle of rum sitting in plain sight.

I believe they just do random searches of checked baggage, so if a luggage that contains alcohol isn't checked, they won't know. I don't believe they x-ray checked baggage. Anyone - is that correct?

But I would certainly feel safer on the ship if they did x-ray all checked baggage for other dangerous things!!

We are taking some rum runners. We'll stash (not "smuggle" - it's not illegal drugs) one in each bag we check. That way we'll hopefully end up with some, even if others are removed. :D

And about the "one" bottle of wine per person... a relative recently went on the Conquest and had FOUR bottles in her carry-on bag. No problems. Weird. And on other threads people have talked about putting beer cans and bottles in their carry-on's. I'm not that brave! :D And I don't drink beer.

I drink beer, but I'm not that brave either!! For wine, I refuse to pay the markup prices on the cruise...so if I want it, I carry it!! For a shorter cruise, I may just stick to rum and beer completely!

Just ordered myself a rumrunner set. Can see it being a nice addition to our little battery rechargeable blender!!! :)

I think they do x-ray checked luggage. We borrowed some luggage once and the friend hid a pair of handcuffs in it as a prank. The first evening prior to receiving our luggage we got a call to come to security. The cuffs showed up on the xray. Guess, they're a no-no.

Needless to say, they got a good laugh out of it, as did my wife.

The funny thing was, they didn't care about the bottle of rum sitting in plain sight.

I've got a few of those friends...gotta love them! LOL

When we did our last cruise the man who owns a liquor store in Ft. Lauderdale who sells to over 3000 cruisers/wk said they put all the luggage in a big warehouse and use sniffer dogs that are looking for illegal things, bombs and drugs. There is no way they could have the time to put all those suitcases through an x-ray scanner, those are his words :)

We got our stuff through no problem, a 60 of vodka, 40 of tequila and some Baileys for our morning coffee :)

I drink beer, but I'm not that brave either!! For wine, I refuse to pay the markup prices on the cruise...so if I want it, I carry it!! For a shorter cruise, I may just stick to rum and beer completely!

Just ordered myself a rumrunner set. Can see it being a nice addition to our little battery rechargeable blender!!! :)

I am bringing a Magic Bullet Blender. I am a little concerned about them not liking the blades although they are only about an inch or two long. :D

I am bringing a Magic Bullet Blender. I am a little concerned about them not liking the blades although they are only about an inch or two long. :D

I have the bullet also, I would think as long as it is in your checked luggage it 'should' be ok. I brought a pair of scissors and they were longer than that and much easier to 'use' if that was my intention (of course they wouldn't have made good drinks ;))

sorry to hijack the thread, but Fawn, I noticed you live in Trappe. I'm over in Skippack. Are you cruising soon? Going on the Pride in August from Baltimore with the family

OMG...can't believe this! I'm actually from Skippack....built and moved here from Trappe a few years back. Where are you??

I have the bullet also, I would think as long as it is in your checked luggage it 'should' be ok. I brought a pair of scissors and they were longer than that and much easier to 'use' if that was my intention (of course they wouldn't have made good drinks ;))

How's that magic bullet work? I'm pretty sure it must be plugged in, but the small size for traveling where I would have electric intriques me! Hmmm... :)

right near Evansburg State park

Too funny! I'm on the other side of Skippack...do you know where Saddlebrook Stables is on 73?

We're cruising next March for Spring break....but also looking at a last minute one in just a few weeks. My one daughter just graduated hs, so sorta a mini surprise gift for her...fun for everyone!

Too funny! I'm on the other side of Skippack...do you know where Saddlebrook Stables is on 73?

We're cruising next March for Spring break....but also looking at a last minute one in just a few weeks. My one daughter just graduated hs, so sorta a mini surprise gift for her...fun for everyone!

Great present-Perk Valley? I like this thread because i'm traveling with a 4 and 7 y.o, so any way I can get extra alcohol to the room is a bonus!!

it sounds familiar-I'm at Cassel Mill, 2 minutes from 73-I'm sure you've spent many a night at the Trappe Tavern, yes?

Good lord, my kids were practically raised there! Monday nights, kids eat free...we loved it!

My fav is Davinci's these days...great bands, owners are nice!

Where's your local spot?

We're not even 5 minutes tops from you!

Great present-Perk Valley? I like this thread because i'm traveling with a 4 and 7 y.o, so any way I can get extra alcohol to the room is a bonus!!

She was homeschooled her whole life...the last one of mine to graduate so bittersweet! She'll start at MontCo in the fall where her big sis goes.

That's one of the reasons we always loved Disney was because you could bring on anything you wanted to drink. It really does cut down on costs and is just more convenient...especially if you have little ones you put down for naps or at night!!

Good lord, my kids were practically raised there! Monday nights, kids eat free...we loved it!

My fav is Davinci's these days...great bands, owners are nice!

Where's your local spot?

We're not even 5 minutes tops from you!

having two little ones makes it tough-i do like DaVinci's-been there a couple of times-I think I saw that Danny Bonaduce is coming to the Trappe on Thurs

Archived