Alcohol on board

Fawn

having two little ones makes it tough-i do like DaVinci's-been there a couple of times-I think I saw that Danny Bonaduce is coming to the Trappe on Thurs

Really?? Interesting! I'll have to ask my older daughter...she and her bf are good friends with the owners. They always do seem to have something going on over there...love their new outdoor bar but always too crowded!

You need to find a way to get out occasionally!! I know of a couple young ladies who babysit in the area when they have time! :)

ps i think we completely hijacked this thread! ~.^

How's that magic bullet work? I'm pretty sure it must be plugged in, but the small size for traveling where I would have electric intriques me! Hmmm... :)

It works great, the frozen drinks are amazing. The base is about the size of a large mug and you can either use the cups that go with it and drink right out of them or just bring one of the mixing cups and pour into glasses. It would actually travel quite well :D Oh, it uses a normal plug, but you would have that in your cabin.

OK, I know the drinking age is 21...I'm not here to open up that particular can of worms! :O

Can you bring alcohol/beer/wine on board for consumption "in you room"? If so, do you just bring it on in your carry-on?

Here, from their website:

Can I Bring Liquor On Board?spacer.gifA liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

Drinking Alcohol On Board

The minimum age for the purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages in the bars, lounges and gift shops is 21 years of age. Carnival reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. In the event that Bar/Restaurant/Gift Shop staff are in question that a guest is less than 21 years old, they shall request picture identification, prior to serving the drink or selling the bottle of liquor.

and, from their passenger ticket contract:

Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

It works great, the frozen drinks are amazing. The base is about the size of a large mug and you can either use the cups that go with it and drink right out of them or just bring one of the mixing cups and pour into glasses. It would actually travel quite well :D Oh, it uses a normal plug, but you would have that in your cabin.

I'm the one who takes her rechargeable blender to the folk festival and tailgating at Jimmy Buffet, so this sounds right up my alley!! LOL

you should look at the Pride out of Baltimore. save money on airfare-OK itinerary-Freeport, Half-Moon Cay and Grand Turk

I'm actually looking at going out of NYC for my last minute cruise. Not having to fly is the main reason I'd do it!!!

I hate Freeport, but I've heard GREAT things about Grand Turk! There's so much info to gather when you change cruiselines. I'm still hung up over four different ships and itineraries for next March. I love the idea of an 8 day, but I also think the 7 day ones look like great ships. Decisions decisions...

Here' date=' from their website:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

[/color']

You have to love that...ONE bottle of wine or champagne...for a week. Now, I'm not downing alcohol morning, noon and night...but come on!! LOL

DW and I just bought the plastic bottles (500 ml or smaller) and placed them in zip top baggies and then through out our checked luggage. No problems. I will do this again. Even though we brought / stashed some with us we still spent nearly $1000 between the two of us for a week! I think it might raise an eyebrow if you brought a suitcase full of liquor and nothing but. Carnival made money off of us, no question, and I was still able to augment my drinking with "Room Runners."

To the person asking how to bring beer on:

It is perfectly Ok to bring on Soda. For this project you will need the Soda's "carrying case" (Fridge Pack)

A hot glue gun

12-12oz cans of beer.

Purchase a fridge pack of a flavor of soda that you normally like or kids enjoy.

Instead of opening at the perforations carefully open at the end of the fridge pack. Empty out the soda. Fill with beer and hot glue the box back together.

Last cruise on the Liberty, my brother and I brought on 3-12 packs of "soda".

On a side note, if you are staying at a hotel pre-cruise, just pack the boxes and the hot glue gun in your luggage. Buy beer at a local grocery store and do the dirty work at the hotel. Leave the glue gun as a gift for the maid's. Last I checked you can buy a hot glue gun at the dollar store.

If that isn't enough, each port you stop at buy a six pack and bring it on. Last cruise went to Key West, Grand Kayman, & Ocho Rios. We each brought on a 6 pack at all stops and put it on the xray out in the open.

Hope this is helpful for my beer drinking friends :cool:

To the person asking how to bring beer on:

It is perfectly Ok to bring on Soda. For this project you will need the Soda's "carrying case" (Fridge Pack)

A hot glue gun

12-12oz cans of beer.

Purchase a fridge pack of a flavor of soda that you normally like or kids enjoy.

Instead of opening at the perforations carefully open at the end of the fridge pack. Empty out the soda. Fill with beer and hot glue the box back together.

Last cruise on the Liberty, my brother and I brought on 3-12 packs of "soda".

On a side note, if you are staying at a hotel pre-cruise, just pack the boxes and the hot glue gun in your luggage. Buy beer at a local grocery store and do the dirty work at the hotel. Leave the glue gun as a gift for the maid's. Last I checked you can buy a hot glue gun at the dollar store.

If that isn't enough, each port you stop at buy a six pack and bring it on. Last cruise went to Key West, Grand Kayman, & Ocho Rios. We each brought on a 6 pack at all stops and put it on the xray out in the open.

Hope this is helpful for my beer drinking friends :cool:

You gotta love this board!! LOL How come they let soda on if they sell soda cards??

OK, I get the why the rumrunner flask may be undetectable...but how in the world do you smuggle beer in your luggage???

And the flasks...they don't break or leak as they are throwing your luggage around???

How about soda...can I carry a 12 pack of that on??

Our checked bags have so far never been opened for inspection, but anyway i take beer in cans, and put them inside a coke can carton.

Havent used the flasks, but have taken glass bottles in a suitcase, i wrap them in bubble wrap. Not for flights, tho, only after we are at the port city.

Yes you can carry on a 12 pack of soda, no problem.

I am bringing a Magic Bullet Blender. I am a little concerned about them not liking the blades although they are only about an inch or two long. :D

We pack our Magic bullet when we cruise. Makes gr8 frozen cocktails.

Been on 2 cruises and are booked for two more. Have not had any issues.

Hello! Where do you find the policy about outside alcohol on the Carnival website?

This is just for consumption in the room, right? And is it just wine? Does that include sherry, port, Marsala Cremovo?

Ok everyone (almost everyone) knows the rules about bringing alcohol on board. You are not supposed to except for the wine allowance. Now I don't get my drawers in a wad worrying about those that do. I just want them to be honest. They know its not right (yet some will even try to say its ok or try to legitimize it) others will say it doesn't raise the price of the cruise (yes it does). I don't know if it raises the price a dollar or 100 dollars but I can live with it. I just want those that do bring the alcohol on to admit its not ok and they just want to save 200 on an alcohol tab on board. If it wasn't ok with me and the price I could choose another vacation. But come on guys fess up you know its not right but I won't tell just man up about it.;)

Ok everyone (almost everyone) knows the rules about bringing alcohol on board. You are not supposed to except for the wine allowance. Now I don't get my drawers in a wad worrying about those that do. I just want them to be honest. They know its not right (yet some will even try to say its ok or try to legitimize it) others will say it doesn't raise the price of the cruise (yes it does). I don't know if it raises the price a dollar or 100 dollars but I can live with it. I just want those that do bring the alcohol on to admit its not ok and they just want to save 200 on an alcohol tab on board. If it wasn't ok with me and the price I could choose another vacation. But come on guys fess up you know its not right but I won't tell just man up about it.;)

And that thread was at 42 posts and heading for the record, but we all knew one of you would show up eventually!

And that thread was at 42 posts and heading for the record, but we all knew one of you would show up eventually!

What am I an honest man someone with integrity is that what you meant by one of us would show up. Please make a statement as to what you mean. I didn't say anyone who brings alcohol is the scurge of the earth just that they know they rules and choose to break them. I also said that if it bothered me so much I could choose another vacation. So what do you object to? It all comes down to ethics. We all make choices as to what we will do and not do. Mine are simply different than yours in this matter. So as I said before "Man up and admit that you do it for the savings in your bar tab" it's ok it doesn't mean your a bad person and I won't condemn you for it. There are a lot worse things than people who sneak alcohol onboard a cruise. Just be honest thats all I ask. And all who bring alcohol on board have a great cruise because you doing it won't ruin my cruise.

What I meant was that on a thread that discussed transporting passengers' liquor on board, someone would steer the discussion to the (morality, legality, right-or-wrongness - pick one) of doing so, when obviously the topic was how and what to do.

On my last cruise in March, we brought one bottle of champagne each (i.e., in accordance with Carnival's guideline). On the one before that, we didn't bother bringing our own liquor.

I have no idea why you'd say, "admit that you do it". You have no idea what I do and, in this case, it seems you're just plain wrong.

Hello! Where do you find the policy about outside alcohol on the Carnival website?

This is just for consumption in the room, right? And is it just wine? Does that include sherry, port, Marsala Cremovo?

I found it on the FAQ page.

As for the wine, you can drink it in your room, or bring it to dinner. If you want it at dinner you will be charged a corking fee ($8 i beleive)

What I meant was that on a thread that discussed transporting passengers' liquor on board, someone would steer the discussion to the (morality, legality, right-or-wrongness - pick one) of doing so, when obviously the topic was how and what to do.

On my last cruise in March, we brought one bottle of champagne each (i.e., in accordance with Carnival's guideline). On the one before that, we didn't bother bringing our own liquor.

I have no idea why you'd say, "admit that you do it". You have no idea what I do and, in this case, it seems you're just plain wrong.

That was a general request for those that do. Not to you particular. If that offended you not meant to. It's just that some who go on about the rightousness of bringing alcohol onboard and try to justify it seem to have been some of the same that go beserk when someone wants to bring their significant other to the past guest party when their guest is on their 1st cruise etc. Like I said in both previous post I don't lose sleep over it and if they do or they don't it doesn't effect my cruise. I don't challenge them to quit just admit. We have had our friends sneak liquor on board and they did it to save money not because they felt they had a God Given Right to do it. At least he was honest as to why he was doing it. He said his previous bar tabs were outragous.

Fair enough. It sounded more like you were inserting yourself into a discussion that really had nothing to do with your point, just to try to badger other posters into telling you you were right.

It's always tricky to pick up the writer's tone when reading a post, so I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Archived