Princess Shuttle at Ports - for anyone just returning?

Hi, Anyone just returning from a Princess cruise - could you tell me if they offered shuttles to the main town square areas in any of the ports. We are purchasing Gdnask on your own to get to Gdnask but what about Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallin etc? Does princess offer a shuttle?

This is a good question, and one that I had wondered about too. We're on the September 3rd sailing of this cruise out of Copenhagen.

I wonder if you might get a response if you post the question on one of the roll call forums from a recently concluded cruise. I'm expect that people on those cruises go back and check the roll call even after the cruise is over.

Gary, Fort Lauderdale

We are booked on the July 25 Emerald Princess cruise out of Copenhagen. I called the Princess since I had the same question and they told me that these shuttles do not really belong to Princess or arranged by Princess. These are independent companies that just show up and offer their services for a reasonable fee and make money this way. They said they never know in advance in which ports and when it will be offered. There is a possibility that when already on board, we can find out, but not before that time. So, my conclusion is that in those ports that are doable on your own, it should not really matter, even though it is a convenience. There are always taxi cabs, local tours, or public transport. Some ports are walkable, or so I heard from others. Hope this helps.

Helen from L.A.

I posted the question on the roll call for the 5/16/09 cruise and got the following response there:

= = = = = = = = = =

just got off of the Emerald yesterday and here's some information on the shuttles from our Patters.

Stockholm - departure from pier at Stadsgarden 167 to downtown with drop-off and pick-up on Stromgatan Street, next to the Opera House. Shuttle travel time 15-20 minutes. Adult Prices - $11 round trip, $7 one way

Helsinki - departure from pier at Nernesaari Cruise Pier C to downtown with drop off and pickup at Erottaja bus stop in front of the Swedish theater. Travel time approx. 15 minutes. Prices - Roundtrip $10, one way $6. Children 11 and under with paying adult are free of charge. We used this service in Helsinki and covered the city and sites with no problems.

St. Petersburg - no shuttle (for obvious reasons because of visas).

Tallinn - Departure from the end of the pier to the Mere Boulevard in the Lower Town. Shuttle time 10 minutes. Price - one way $6. No round trip fee.

Gdynia - Princess didn't have shuttle service. Taxis are available in the parking area about a minute from the gangway. Many of the taxi drivers speak English and take US currency. The port lecture will give you plenty of useful information on prices for taxis to Gdansk or to other locations in Poland. We hired a driver for the day that spoke good English (he'd lived in Chicago for 6 years) and went to various locations (including the preserved concentration camp from World War II that is worth visiting).

I'll be sure to give lots of info when I return...i know this board's a little slow right now, so it'll pick up hopefully as more of us return!! Can't wait to share as much info as I can...i've gotten so much help from others I want to pass that on when I return too :)

Archived