Adjoining rooms on Enchantment--any disadvantages?

After looking more closely at the deck plan, I noticed that our TA booked us in a cabin that has an adjoining room. I'm not worried about security or anything like that, but I'm wondering if it will affect the space we have at all. I need all the closet and counter space I can get!

it is perfectly safe. The door is deadbolted and can only be opened by a room attendent. Only disadvantage: if it is an indoor cabin you get a chair instead if a stationary sofa and regular room usually your room is just arranged completely different. NO LOSS OF COUNTER OR CLOSET SPACE. Enjoy your cruise.

I'd be concerned with sound. I've never had an adjoining cabin on a cruise but when I've been tortured with them in hotel rooms, I've been able to hear my neighbors moreso than in a normal room (which is pretty bad on a cruise in the first place).

Never a pretty scene for us ridiculously, inhumanly, painfully, ANNOYINGLY light sleepers. :(

You get a chair instead of a sofa, and once when we boarded a RC ship the door was OPEN between our room and the next one, and it was time for muster drill, and we were not going until a cabin attendant came and locked it. I had to raise quite a ruckus to get that to happen, but I was not leaving our room open to folks next door we didn't know.

When we book a cruise now, we always avoid adjoining rooms. Just my experience with it.

the walls are thin on a ship any way but usuually you canno0t hear the people next door. Also, try calling the RCCL loyalty desk and request to have that door closed for the duration of the cruise. Sometimes it is opened for cleaning and the attendent will forget about it. I have heard of that but the adjoining door is lways closed and we usually want it oen we will get 2 rooms.

Archived