POA review

shallow

Returned from May 2-9 cruise on Pride of America. Our stateroom was Deck 7 aft- Had a large balcony and the usual cabin. I have found that NCL is always the same. Food is fine, not great, service was okay ,again not great. but the annoyance was the continuous selling over the loud speakers- trips, pub crawls, but the worst was a tour of the ship for $99. I have toured ships in the past, no charge.

We took tours from ship- The Volcanos Nat Park was shown as Level 1- on the internet. I studied all the tours and some said not for people with breathing problems, but this one didn't so I felt it would be fine for my husband who has COPD. It was not, the park has a large sign at entrance -Danger Poisonious Gases. The tour was good, but a problem for him.

The Outrigger Canoe in Kona was fun and very easy, just a tour of the harbor in the boat, but easy and fun

We took the shuttle to Lahaina- They only have one bus back at 3PM

We found a city bus $1 each- Takes you to the Queen K mall, where there is a free shuttle back to the ship. It was worth it and I'm sure you could reverse it. Bus is found one street in from main drag, at banyan tree end. Ask around, everyone was helpful.

At every port there were shuttles to K-Mart, malls etc.

Rented a car on Kauia, was great idea.

Went to luau and show at Polynesian Center in Oahu , well worth the money

Am sailing on deck 8 Aft - do you have pics of cabin/balcony? Is balcony totally covered or does part of it extend out from the balcony above?

Side angle shows how the balconies are tiered and yes you will have sun.

The second pic is of cabin 9702 aft. You can see there big enough for a lounger, chair and table but not all aft cabins will have a lounger

Shallow - you mentioned that you went to the Polynesian Cultural Center for their luau. My mother-in-law, whom we are traveling with, had one request for our trip - to go to the PCC and have the luau there. I see *many* posts here about the best luau, the most authentic, the most expensive, etc. I have never seen any posts that talk about the luau at the PCC. I do not have very high expectations. I do understand that it is dry (oh well, I'm sure I will get PLENTY to drink elsewhere). Tell me, how is the food and show? Thanks, Chris

We went last year before we boarded the POA. I have to say we thoroughly enjoyed the PCC, it was informative and very entertaining with the different displays and shows in the different areas.. The luau was ok, but the Horizons show after it we thought was tremendous! In our opinion it was well worth the money.

JMO...

The shuttle in Lahiani- You can get a shuttle to the Queen K Mall then wlak towards Macy's and exit right by fabric store. Public transportation is there. Ask for Lahiana bus The fare was $1 and it took about 45 min. There are schedules in the bus for the return.

We took the ship tour. but didn't want to stay till 3PM. So we did the reverse, but it was really easy, just remember to stay back early, because the ship only waits if you are on one of their tour. Enjoy

We did it because we stay on after the cruise. I felt you are paying for food on the ship so why eat out. The buffet was good, pork chicken, fish salads, bread - all the usual and desserts. It is dry because it is run by the Mormons,mostly run by the students of BYU. The center is great all of the polynesian islands are represented, little shows, crafts and exhibits are set in a beautiful park setting. The show was very good and well worth the money, you have a good view from all the seats. I would recommend it highly. Have fun

Archived