Mmmm...Fig Cake and Ice Cream

Most people rant and rave about the Chocolate Melting Cake. I admit that I was really looking forward to trying it. It was just OK.

The real gem of the week was the Fig Cake. It was served with ice cream. I can't remember which night it was available, but it was the best dessert I ate all week.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried it and enjoyed it.

If you are going on a cruise soon, you have to try the Fig Cake and Ice Cream!

The fig cake is one of my favorites. On our first cruise, they were serving it with basil ice cream. Sounds yucky but is one of the best desserts I've ever eaten. After that they started serving rum raisin instead - i guess too many people wouldn't try the basil.

We didn't see it on the menu on last week's cruise - I'm hoping it was just the lost night since we were on a 6 day and hasn't been taken off the menu.

The fig cake is one of my favorites. On our first cruise, they were serving it with basil ice cream. Sounds yucky but is one of the best desserts I've ever eaten. After that they started serving rum raisin instead - i guess too many people wouldn't try the basil.

We didn't see it on the menu on last week's cruise - I'm hoping it was just the lost night since we were on a 6 day and hasn't been taken off the menu.

I had the rum raisin ice cream, which did go perfectly with the fig cake. But, oh, I would have LOVED to try the basil ice cream. It sounds heavenly!

Archived