Packing items for Alaska Cruise

aim-high

Hi,

Myself and my wife are cruising with NCL pearl this June. This is our first time to Alaska and on top of it first time cruisers. I need suggestions on things to pack before going on this cruise. Is there a list that is available in this forum that you can refer me to ?

Thanks

That list has to be two suitcases for a woman going on a cruise to Alaska! We are going on a 9 day cruise on Silver Seas Shadow. Even with only two formal nights I feel like i will need to bring so much: cold weather clothes, warm weather clothes, workout clothes, formal, informal and casual evening wear. Sneakers for working out, light hikers, rain boots, rain gear, my new 3 in one lands end jackets, a few swim suits, jeans, not to mention toiletries, books , etc. I think that i had better start well ahead of our june 6 departure date!

That list has to be two suitcases for a woman going on a cruise to Alaska! We are going on a 9 day cruise on Silver Seas Shadow. Even with only two formal nights I feel like i will need to bring so much: cold weather clothes, warm weather clothes, workout clothes, formal, informal and casual evening wear. Sneakers for working out, light hikers, rain boots, rain gear, my new 3 in one lands end jackets, a few swim suits, jeans, not to mention toiletries, books , etc. I think that i had better start well ahead of our june 6 departure date!

You don't need all those shoes. Unless you are planning to do serious hiking, sneakers should be fine. Spray them with waterproofing spray and you won't need rain boots.

We are on Rhapsody of the Seas departing Seattle on June 5. Just checked the 10 day forecast for Seattle, Juneau and Skagway. Daytime highs are supposed to be in the upper 60's to middle 70's and in the 40's at night. We are taking a mixture of warm and cool weather attire, plus some rain gear. BUT, my guess is "if you don't like the weather, just wait 15 minutes, it will probably change". At least, that's the way it is where I live.

NCL is the most "laid back" atmosphere of all the cruiselines. No formal wear, jeans allowed in the dining room. You don't need to pack the closet for this one. A pair of dress pants, and think layers so you can add or take off as the temperature warrants.

Hope this helps

Archived