Balcony rooms on Spirit?

STAM

After reading many threads about balcony rooms, I am thinking of upgrading from an inside stateroom to a balcony. I did notice the rates have dropped and thought it might be a good time to call NCL.

This is my first cruise and my question is, would a balcony cabin on deck 9 be better than deck 10? Any suggestions on midship, forward, aft? Port or starboard side?

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate this board!

After reading many threads about balcony rooms, I am thinking of upgrading from an inside stateroom to a balcony. I did notice the rates have dropped and thought it might be a good time to call NCL.

This is my first cruise and my question is, would a balcony cabin on deck 9 be better than deck 10? Any suggestions on midship, forward, aft? Port or starboard side?

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate this board!

We had booked an inside also and when the prices dropped with switched to a BE balcony GTY. We are thrilled with a BC on deck 10 that we were assigned. I don't think you can go wrong with 9 or 10. So far the Spirit has docked in Bermuda with its portside against the dock. We do not like way forward or way aft as there tends to be more motion (especially if the Atlantic is acting up). Don't forget any discounts, senior, union, military if you weren't aware. Depending on how fast your sailing is filling up the prices may go down and up a few times before sailing. Have you been following the prices lately? Did they go down for the first time? If so I might watch the prices for a bit and see what happens unless you would be happy with the price you are seeing now.

I usually prefer a cabin that has nothing above or below it but other cabins (quieter). But, that said, most of what is below deck 9 looks OK, except the cabins above the theater MIGHT be a bit noisy.

We were on Deck 9 on the Spirit and found it to be quiet. We were somewhat forward, but had smooth seas all the way down to Bermuda and back to Boston. Spirit doesn't seem to have any bad balcony cabins. People have written reviews that said they could hear people talking in the next cabin; we never heard anything on either side. Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

Archived