MUTS etc. - Festive Fun - Ho Ho Ho

ourlol

[quote name='hawk61']Please oh Please! Will someone please tell me what "MUTS" are? I'm a fairly seasoned cruiser (25 cruises) but I've never heard this term.[/QUOTE][font='Comic Sans MS']The official moniker is Movies Under The Stars, and the “feature” was originally installed on Caribbean Princess. Very quickly, someone at Princess – probably from watching too much TV – lost their mind and decided to retrofit a number of the ships in the fleet with this feature. It has also become much more than just Under the Stars – it seems children’s movies, music videos, sporting events, etc., play all day long on the thing.[/font]
[font='Comic Sans MS'][/font]
[font='Comic Sans MS'][/font][font='Comic Sans MS']It is just like being at home in your living room. Let me know if you want to know how I really feel about it. :rolleyes: [/font]

On the first day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
A wonderful round the world cruise

On the 2nd day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
2 RT first class tickets
to my wonderful round the world cruise

On the 3rd day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
3 trunks of cruisewear
2 RT first class tickets

On the 4th day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
4 days pre-cruise logding
3 trunks of cruisewear
2 RT first class tickets

On the 5th day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
5 gift certificates!
3 trunks of cruisewear
2 RT first class tickets

On the 6th day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
6 waiters serving
5 gift certificates!
3 trunks of cruisewear
2 RT first class tickets

On the 7th day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
7 butlers helping
6 waiters serving
5 gift certificates!
3 trunks of cruisewear
2 RT first class tickets

On the 8th day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
8 bingo cards
7 butlers helping
6 waiters serving
5 gift certificates!
3 trunks of cruisewear
2 RT first class tickets

On the 9th day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
9 pieces of jewelry
8 bingo cards
7 butlers helping
6 waiters serving
5 gift certificates!
3 trunks of cruisewear
2 RT first class tickets

On the 10th day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
10 works of art
9 pieces of jewelry
8 bingo cards
7 butlers helping
6 waiters serving
5 gift certificates!
3 trunks of cruisewear
2 RT first class tickets

On the 11th day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
11 spa treatments
10 works of art
9 pieces of jewelry
8 bingo cards
7 butlers helping
6 waiters serving
5 gift certificates!
3 trunks of cruisewear
2 RT first class tickets

On the 12th day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
12 future bookings
11 spa treatments
10 works of art
9 pieces of jewelry
8 bingo cards
7 butlers helpin
6 waiters serving
5 gift certificates!
3 trunks of cruisewear
2 RT first class tickets

[quote name='Host Tink']Was it on Pennsylvania Avenue? Bradford Apartments or BlackHawk?

10 Downing just closed, after 27 years, they went Bankrupt. If you ever come back to visit, let me know![/QUOTE]

Ok Carrie just tried looking at a map as trying to remember what I did 35 years ago in my former life is a bit much for my pea brain. We lived two places there, the first was a small apartment development, east of Lancaster Ave, down the same street as some Pepperidge Farm complex. It might have been BlackHawk as that sounds slightly familar. After that we rented an apartment, second story of a twin house and looking at the map I do believe it was on Brandywine Ave east of Lancaster Ave. What is/was 10 Downing?

[b][font=Times New Roman][size=3]Tune: We Wish You A Merry Christmas[/size][/font][/b]

[b][size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size][/b]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]I wish you a merry sailing[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]I wish you a merry sailing[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]I wish you a merry sailing and a happy cruise year[/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Good cruising to you, wherever you are[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Good cruising at Christmas, and throughout the year[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]We all know the board we will be missing[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]We all know the board we will be missing[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]But we’ll be back here[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Good cruising to you, wherever you are[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Good cruising at Christmas, and throughout the year[/size][/font]

[b][font=Times New Roman][size=3]Tune: Deck The Halls[/size][/font][/b]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Deck the rails with waving people[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Fa la la la la, la la la la[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Tis the season for ship steeples[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Fa la la la la, la la la la[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]DAWN we now, our ship is sailing[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Fa la la, fa la la, la la la[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Troll the ancient seas sunbathing[/size][/font]
[font='Times New Roman']Fa la la la la, la la la la [/font]
[font='Times New Roman'][/font]
[font='Times New Roman']Happy Holidays to CC Friends!![/font]
[font='Times New Roman'][/font]

[quote name='larsen']Ok Carrie just tried looking at a map as trying to remember what I did 35 years ago in my former life is a bit much for my pea brain. We lived two places there, the first was a small apartment development, east of Lancaster Ave, down the same street as some Pepperidge Farm complex. It might have been BlackHawk as that sounds slightly familar. After that we rented an apartment, second story of a twin house and looking at the map I do believe it was on Brandywine Ave east of Lancaster Ave. What is/was 10 Downing?[/QUOTE]Come on now, Larsen...you'll give us a bad rap. ;) Don't you know people in California, MD have much more than pea brains...I thought that only applied to people like me, in Waldorf, MD. :p

[b]Okay... a slight change of tack... a poem...[/b] [i]Twas the night before[/i] [b]etc. Here goes :D [/b]

[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]Twas the night before cruising, and all through my house[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]Things were occurring… I had lost my spouse!![/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]The bags were all packed and were stood by the door[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]If he didn’t come home, I would do more than just roar[/size][/font][/font]

[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]The tickets were ready, well thumbed and all read[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]So where was my husband? I began to see red!![/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]Wearing a bathrobe and holding a bottle of booze[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]I settled myself down for a pre-cruise snoozzzzze[/size][/font][/font]

[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]I sprang from my stupor to see what’s the matter[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]Away to the kitchen, I flew like a flash[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]I opened the door with an almighty big crash[/size][/font][/font]

[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]But to my disappointment there was no-one there[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]Hey, I’d go cruising alone, what do I care!![/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]When, what to my wondering eyes should appear[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]But my crazy DH and a case load of beer[/size][/font][/font]

[font=Arial][font=Verdana][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]With a little old cab driver, so lively and fast[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]I knew in a moment, we’d be off at long last[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]Driving through stop signs, we arrived at the dock[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]Shell shocked and breathless, it was time to take stock[/size][/font][/font]

[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]There were my web friends – I can’t mentioned them all[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]Once on board this ship, we’d be having a ball[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]Out on my balcony, it was a sight to behold[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]Taking in the view… it felt like I’d struck gold[/size][/font][/font]

[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]The horn started blowing, we were leaving port[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]On a Princess cruise ship, the best of transport[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]Passengers were shouting as they cruised out of sight[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Verdana][size=2]Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night![/size][/font][/font]

[font=Arial][font=Verdana][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][b][font=Verdana][size=2]Laura[/size][/font][/b][/font]

[quote name='surfnsun']Come on now, Larsen...you'll give us a bad rap. ;) Don't you know people in California, MD have much more than pea brains...I thought that only applied to people like me, in Waldorf, MD. :p[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure my local has much to do with it but rather that it was, as I call it, 'two lives loooong ago' and a time I'd really rather not remember. Oh the foibles of our youth. Got a GREAT daughter out of it but that's about all.

Glad to hear that somebody out there at least knows where California, MD is! I usually have to explain to folks that we're just 3 miles south of Hollywood MD and that really sets them to wondering about my sanity or lack there of. :rolleyes:

Away in my cabin, a queen for a bed
The sounds of the ocean filling all of my head
The waves they are lapping as we sail through the night
We cruisers are happy the stars they are bright.

The sun it is rising as at sea we awake
Our steward is cleaning not a sound does he make
We love Princess cruises they’re the best we have had
If only they were free not a moment we’d be sad.

We care not at which port
Our cruise ship will dock
We’re out on the water
No clocks tickie-tock.

A week on a cruise ship
Our every need meant
If this isn’t heaven
I’m not going there.

To you [b]ALL[/b]

[url="http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.porterfieldsfineart.com/DianeKnott/Images/knott48.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.porterfieldsfineart.com/DianeKnott/snowmanvillage3.htm&h=351&w=360&sz=18&tbnid=elztHU1KXJYJ:&tbnh=113&tbnw=116&start=40&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsmile%2Bsnow%26start%3D20%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN"][img]http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:elztHU1KXJYJ:www.porterfieldsfineart.com/DianeKnott/Images/knott48.jpg[/img][/url]

Well, this is the best 'work out' I've had for ages. Thank you.

Ourol, I just want to thank you for starting this thread. We sometimes need a little distraction from the everyday activities in our lives. We have some very talented CC'ers on this board and I am sorry to say that I am not one of them but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of these posts. It sure has brought a smile to my face. Again thanks.

Marilyn

Deck the halls with boughs of holly,
Fa La La La La, La La La La
We're on Princess so we're jolly,
Don we now our tux and dresses,
Fa La La, La La La, La La La
It's formal night so no distresses,
Fa La La La La, La La La.

Grand and Coral, Ocean, Star,
All of these we sailed so far,
Dreaming of 06 Tahitian,
Fa La La, La La La, La La La
Using CC for information,
Fa La La La La, La La La.

All I want for Christmas
Is my next Princess cruise
My next Princess cruise
Yes my next Princess cruise.
Gee, if I were only on a Princess cruise
Then I’d not want a single other thing.

Everyone else seems so content
With all their holiday plans
Can’t they feel my pain as I wait
There still two months to sail.

All I want for Christmas
My next Princess cruise

Gee if I could only board that ship today
That ship today
Yes that ship today
Gee if I could only board that ship today
All my cares and woes would go away.

Presents and packages don’t interest me
Bows and ribbons are all too much
A small blue packet with express check in
Is all I really desire.

All I want for Christmas
My next Princess cruise

I'm dreaming of a Prin-cess cruise.
It is the place I want to be,
With ports for exploring
And vistas adoring,
Oh, how great to be at sea!

I'm dreaming of my next cruise ship.
I just can't keep it off my mind.
Where the seas are glassy,
The waiters classy,
And problems just are hard to find.

I'm dreaming of my board posters.
I'm wishing everyone much love.
Here's to future bookings and luck
That the New Year brings us all big bucks!

[quote name='larsen']I'm not sure my local has much to do with it but rather that it was, as I call it, 'two lives loooong ago' and a time I'd really rather not remember. Oh the foibles of our youth. Got a GREAT daughter out of it but that's about all.

Glad to hear that somebody out there at least knows where California, MD is! I usually have to explain to folks that we're just 3 miles south of Hollywood MD and that really sets them to wondering about my sanity or lack there of. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Ha! Oh yes, I do know Southern Maryland. Grandfather was from Morganza with 13 brothers and sisters. The surnames Bailey and Guy are familiar to many in St. Mary's county. My mother lives in Lexington Park. I visit your area from Waldorf often. St Mary's county is beautiful!

Tink: all right you C.C'rs! Ready to sing your song?
-I'll say we are!
-Yeah!
-Let's sing it now!
Tink: Okay, Larsen?
-Okay!
Tink: Okay, SURFNSUN?
-Okay!
Tink: Okay, OUROL? OURLOL? OURLOL!
-OKAY!!!) :D

Princess, Princess cruise is near
Time for food and time for beer
We've been good, but we can't last