MUTS etc. - Festive Fun - Ho Ho Ho

ourlol

[QUOTE][b]I'll have to try one later when I have more time.[/b] [/QUOTE]
[list]
[*]So will I (when I can disentangle myself from "clearing up for Santa")
[*]Nita - you're on good form this morning. Excellent.
[*]It's back :D :D :D
[/list]

[TOO FUNNY:D :D

QUOTE=lyndabaker][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b]God rest ye weary travelers,[/b][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][b]Who flew across the states.[/b][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][b]You’ve come to stand on balconys,[/b][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][b]And eat off every plate.[/b][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][b]The food is stacked so high and wide[/b][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][b]You cannot see your mate.[/b][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][b]I can hardy wait until the next meal,[/b][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][b]Until the next meal,[/b][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][b]No matter how fat I feel.[/b][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

Lynda, that poem to the tune of God rest ye merry gentlemen was fantastic. I got to agree with Sue and I am also glad to see this thread back on main board. It is great to see something like this during the holiday season Granted, on all of our minds is cruising but especially during this time with the holiday season it is nice to think about something else other than cruising. Man, did I just say that? :eek: Well you know what I mean.:o

Marilyn

Guest Host Tink
[quote name='sue d. miller']How wonderful to see this thread back on Princess!! Thank you, to whoever brought it back!! Not only for the holiday season, but the talent we have on this board is awesome!!! You are bringing enjoyment to many!! Thanks!! :)[/QUOTE]

You can thank LauraS for bringing it back, it was supposed to be *copied* to Floataway, not moved, but there was a system glitch. I'm really happy it's back too!

To "Away In a Manger"

Away in a suitcase
No room for my stuff
I smashed it and crushed it
And still it won't fit!
I bagged it and sat on it
and prayed it would shrink
But my stuff is still too big
I guess I give up!

Away on a cruise ship
I finally am here
I succeeded in packing
I'll drink to my cheer!
No room for trinkets
No room for gifts
I guess I'll learn next time
God willing, with luck!

[SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]THANK YOU LAURA,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]THANK YOU CARRIE[/COLOR]![/SIZE]

It's good to see this back where it belongs! Now I have to put my thinking cap back on and see what else I can come up with.

By the way Carrie how long have you lived in Downingtown? I lived there many a year ago, in fact was there when my daughter was born (hospital in Coatesville). Barb

Here we come a-sailing
Aboard a Princess ship
Here we come enjoying
A cruise that’s really hip
Good times and joy are sent to you
And all great ‘Cruise Critics’ too
And God bless you, and send you
A Happy New Year,
And God send you a Happy New Year.

We will not a single meal miss
Or fail to dress in style
Ice cream and pizza will also be enjoyed
The weight we gain can later be lost
Our duty is to consume everything in sight
A Happy New Year,

Chair hogs we will not become
As they always abound
When we leave our stuff comes too
So others do not hunt
For that seat in the sun
For that seat in the sun
A Happy New Year,

When we disembark we promise
To write a glowing review
For all the good Cruise Critics
On this website great here
To read and hopefully enjoy
To read and hopefully enjoy
A Happy New Year,

Guest Host Tink
[quote name='larsen'][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]THANK YOU LAURA,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]THANK YOU CARRIE[/COLOR]![/SIZE]

It's good to see this back where it belongs! Now I have to put my thinking cap back on and see what else I can come up with.

By the way Carrie how long have you lived in Downingtown? I lived there many a year ago, in fact was there when my daughter was born (hospital in Coatesville). Barb[/QUOTE]

Hey Barb, I've lived in Downingtown about a year and a half now, but I grew up in West Chester, Graduated from Henderson. I work in Downingtown now as well, know where the SuperFresh used to be? Or 10 Downing St? It's now a market like Reading Terminal Market and I'm the manager of a wine shop inside.

[quote name='Host Tink']Hey Barb, I've lived in Downingtown about a year and a half now, but I grew up in West Chester, Graduated from Henderson. I work in Downingtown now as well, know where the SuperFresh used to be? Or 10 Downing St? It's now a market like Reading Terminal Market and I'm the manager of a wine shop inside.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it has changed bunches since I was there. I definitely know where Downing Street is as we used to live in an appartment on that street east of whatever the main drag was named. Small world! I used to work in West Chester back when old Ma Bell had it's Business Office there.

I'm up against some great competition here :D
So here's another (feeble) attempt... to the tune of [i]"Rocking around the Christmas Tree"[/i]

[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]Rocking aboard a Princess ship[/b][/font][/font][/center]
[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]At a sail-away party hop[/b][/font][/font][/center]
[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]Someone’s taken a skinny dip![/b][/font][/font][/center]
[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]Every person tries to stop[/b][/font][/font][/center]
[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]Rocking aboard a Princess ship[/b][/font][/font][/center]
[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]We know where we belong[/b][/font][/font][/center]
[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]Plenty of food and drinks to sip[/b][/font][/font][/center]
[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]Wish YOU could come along.[/b][/font][/font][/center]

[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]You will get a sentimental feeling when you hear, [/b][/font][/font][/center]
[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]Voices singing, let’s be jolly[/b][/font][/font][/center]
[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]Cloudless skies; scrap the brolly![/b][/font][/font][/center]
[center] [/center]
[center] [/center]
[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]Rocking aboard a Princess Ship[/b][/font][/font][/center]
[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]Have a happy holiday[/b][/font][/font][/center]
[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]Everyone laughing happily[/b][/font][/font][/center]
[center][font=Arial][font=Verdana][b]In the new old-Princess way.[/b][/font][/font][/center]

[quote name='mii']Lynda, that poem to the tune of God rest ye merry gentlemen was fantastic. I got to agree with Sue and I am also glad to see this thread back on main board. It is great to see something like this during the holiday season Granted, on all of our minds is cruising but especially during this time with the holiday season it is nice to think about something else other than cruising. Man, did I just say that? :eek: Well you know what I mean.:o

Marilyn[/QUOTE]
[b]Thank you Mariliyn and Judy, too. Glad you enjoyed my little poem. I have been told, however, not to give up my day job.:D :D [/b]

[b]Laura, Nita, Larsen and all others--your poems are great--keep um comin.:)[/b]

[color=navy]Yeah!!! We're back aboard Princess -- thanks Laura and Tink! :)[/color]
[color=#000080][/color]
[color=#000080]So this [i]has[/i] to be Princess-y ::thinking:::[/color]
[color=#000080][/color]
[color=#000080]Okay, this is on the radio now soooo..[/color]
[color=#000080][/color]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]Princess cruise ships, in the sunshine[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]Dressed for holiday time[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]In the air there's a feeling of Christmas.[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]Children laughing, people passing[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]With their luggage in tow..[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]And on every Pool deck you will hear.[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][/color][/size][/font] [/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]Love Boat Cocktails! Get yours now..[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]Souvenir glasses are half price:rolleyes: .[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]"Miami Vice" is so nice[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]Soon you'll be too blitzed to care....[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=#008080][/color][/size][/font][/i] [/center]
[left][b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=red]HAPPY [color=green]HOLIDAYS, [/color][color=red]EVERYONE! [/color][/color][/size][/font][/b][/left]
[left][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=#008080][/color][/size][/font][/i] [/left]

[b]Caroline, very, very, cute![/b]

[b]Now here's another reason I'd better not give up my day job:[/b]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Said the husband to his wife,[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Do you see what I see?[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Way out yonder and beyond.[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Do you see what I see?[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[size=3][font=Times New Roman][color=red][b]Mazatlan coming into sight,[/b][/color][/font][/size]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]With its lights so blinding and bright,[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]With its lights so blinding and bright.[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Can’t wait to get into port.[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Do you hear what I hear?[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]The sound that says we’ve arrived.[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Do you hear what I hear?[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]A little boy running down the hall,[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Bouncing an annoying rubber ball,[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Bouncing an annoying rubber ball.[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Said the steward to my handsome mate.[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Do you know what I know?[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]There are lines and people everywhere.[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Do you know what I know?[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]I’ll tell you how I really feel,[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]We’re late and you might miss a meal,[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]We’re late and you might miss a meal.[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Said the Father to his family,[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Listen to my decision,[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]I say we stay on the ship.[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]Listen to my decision,[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]I paid for this, don’t put me in a mood,[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]We will not miss out on any food,[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=red][b]We will not miss out on any food![/b][/color][/size][/font]

Somebody stop me!!!!

Rocking around Port Everglades
Our cruise ship’s about to sail
Happy people are all you can see
With the tickets they got in the mail.

Boarding now but pictures first
The cameras they do flash
Up the gangway onto Plaza
We have finally arrived.

You will be surprised
To see the food at the Horizon
Platters overflowing, fruits abounding
Bread and cake and all low calorie.

Rocking around Port Everglades
Our cruise ship’s about to sail
We unpacked and stowed our gear
And now we are ready to sail.

Guest Host Tink
[quote name='Host Caroline'][color=navy]Yeah!!! We're back aboard Princess -- thanks Laura and Tink! :)[/color]
[color=#000080][/color]
[color=#000080]So this [i]has[/i] to be Princess-y ::thinking:::[/color]
[color=#000080][/color]
[color=#000080]Okay, this is on the radio now soooo..[/color]
[color=#000080][/color]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]Princess cruise ships, in the sunshine[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]Dressed for holiday time[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]In the air there's a feeling of Christmas.[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]Children laughing, people passing[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]With their luggage in tow..[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]And on every Pool deck you will hear.[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][/color][/size][/font] [/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]Love Boat Cocktails! Get yours now..[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]Souvenir glasses are half price:rolleyes: .[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]"Miami Vice" is so nice[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=teal][i]Soon you'll be too blitzed to care....[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=#008080][/color][/size][/font][/i] [/center]
[left][b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=red]HAPPY [color=green]HOLIDAYS, [/color][color=red]EVERYONE! [/color][/color][/size][/font][/b][/left]
[left][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=#008080][/color][/size][/font][/i] [/left][/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm trying...What tune is this too???

Guest Host Tink
[quote name='larsen']I'm sure it has changed bunches since I was there. I definitely know where Downing Street is as we used to live in an appartment on that street east of whatever the main drag was named. Small world! I used to work in West Chester back when old Ma Bell had it's Business Office there.[/QUOTE]

Was it on Pennsylvania Avenue? Bradford Apartments or BlackHawk?

10 Downing just closed, after 27 years, they went Bankrupt. If you ever come back to visit, let me know!

Archived