Private Island Beach Break

cespo

Thanks Bostondg, that makes it very clear and easy to take a decision in this regards. :)
We were there on the June 14th sailing of the Carnival Legend, and altho' we didn't have the really bad time the previous poster had, it was similar...:D

Somewhere the DW had seen 'resort' noted on a Carnival ad, and Bannister Island certainly is not that.. :(

She was ready to head back after an hour... We took a walk to the end of the island, and it was piled with trash (broken lounge chairs and other debris).. :eek: Area should have been fenced off if they are going to turn part of the island into a dump!

Swimming 'area' was yukky... Bring water shoes!!:rolleyes:

Stirboo what do you mean the swimming area was yucky? Do you mean lot of rocks. Murky water and debris. Please give more detail. I had planned on going here and now getting worried.
Lots of shells in the water... Really hard to walk on..! The sand is actually 'hard' unlike eastern caribbean beaches..:)

Water was clear, but cloudy.. Lots of sediment in the water!! There were storms in the area, but none locally.. Water seemed extremely 'stirred-up' for some reason, tho' others have mentioned the same thing about the water..!:rolleyes:

ps: We didn't see, or hear, about any jelly fish, as mentioned earlier, tho' this was our experience at a different time....:o

I truthfully didn't think the experience was worth $45. each for the three of us to spend three hours on the 'island', considering the time spent on tenders back and forth.. We were ready to leave before the three hours was up..! We were hungry, and I've never paid $6.00 for a hot dog with a side of rice/beans..:eek:

Hi, Brenda!

When I sign in and view excursions for that date, it does show up. It is between Lost World Canopy Tour and Raiders of the Lost Mayan Cave. It is listed at 45.00 for 4 hours.

I think I saw somewhere that Bannister Island is the beach for Barrier Reef Snorkel at Turneffe with Beach Break. Does this one show up when you log in?:)

Now I see the Private Beach Break as an option for my sailing.... after reading the subsequent reviews I'm a little nervous that this isn't that great. Especially since I can't just hop on a boat and leave if it is not to my liking! :p

It's also up to $45 apiece now. It really doesn't sound like it's worth it when no food is included.
They give you a 'ticket' for a FREE Rum Punch or Punch apon arrival... We never even bothered to get ours! Sweet tooth wasn't ready for anything like that..:eek:;)

Option for swapping the ticket for a beer was not offered..:o

Now I see the Private Beach Break as an option for my sailing.... after reading the subsequent reviews I'm a little nervous that this isn't that great. Especially since I can't just hop on a boat and leave if it is not to my liking! :p
We talked to three ladies who showed up at Bannister's, and settled in next to us.. They had just done a snorkeling tour, and were only going to be on the island for 1 hour..:) Then were heading into Belize for some shopping..! They booked thru Carnival, so it may be one of the options you are looking at!:D

They seemed fairly happy with the excursion, so far.. (probably 'cause they didn't have to stay on the beach for 3 looooooong hours)..;)

We talked to three ladies who showed up at Bannister's, and settled in next to us.. They had just done a snorkeling tour, and were only going to be on the island for 1 hour..:) Then were heading into Belize for some shopping..! They booked thru Carnival, so it may be one of the options you are looking at!:D

They seemed fairly happy with the excursion, so far.. (probably 'cause they didn't have to stay on the beach for 3 looooooong hours)..;)

Now that might be a possibility! Thanks for sharing. We're in for a lot of sun with this excursion.... I should probably bring a dorky Tshirt to wear. :cool:

Now that might be a possibility! Thanks for sharing. We're in for a lot of sun with this excursion.... I should probably bring a dorky Tshirt to wear. :cool:
I'd probably opt for a snorkeling + beach excursion if one is offered..!!:) They DO have 'side' excursion for snorkeling from the "Beach Break", but I was afraid to ask the cost...:eek:

I have a Royal Caribbean T-shirt I could lend you.. That would be pretty DORKY...:p;)

Archived