Passport renewal: How long is it taking these days?

DonnaK

I know that the official resonse from the US State Dept is "4-6 weeks, maybe sooner", however I was wondering what the wait time has been for people who actually have renewed their passports in recent months.

Please share your experience!

Usually within 3 weeks.

I know how long it usually takes...I was really looking for firsthand, personal experience on exactly how long it took someone who renewed recently.

Someone posted a thread on the RCCL forum stating that they received their passport in just a few days. Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=995086

Thanks!!!

Anyone else renew recently and want to share their experience?

I know that the official resonse from the US State Dept is "4-6 weeks, maybe sooner", however I was wondering what the wait time has been for people who actually have renewed their passports in recent months.

Please share your experience!

It really depends when you're renewing. With summer appoaching, it could take 6-8 weeks depending on the state. I renewed almost 3 years ago in September and it took about 7 weeks. If you need it sooner, I'm sure you're aware that you can pay that extra fee for expediting it sooner (in CA, it's $60 - if they haven't raised the price).

I asked because last year when I renewed, it took less than two weeks. My mother renewed yesterday, and was wondering when to expect it. We have 8 weeks, so there is no need to expedite yet.

It's interesting to hear how long it's been taking people who renewed their passport in the last month or two.

Thanks to those who replied.

Archived