Do 12 yr. olds cruise for free??

cmlmich

We asked her and her BF to got with us so we could have some "adults" to hang out with...then she said yesterday that she is thinking about taking him :eek:.
That would be a deal-breaker for us.

Here's a sign that they need to post on the Lido:

unattended-children-sign.jpg

My Sister in Law is thinking about having her 12 year old son go with them on a cruise and she is under the impression that he is included with their cost. I think she is crazy and she would have to pay full fare for him too. Can anyone tell me which is correct?? Would they have to pay the tipping for him as well?

She should be very glad you asked for them. Would really suck to show up at the pier and find this out for the first time.

You really need to point her to cruise critic to do some research before she cruises. Looks like she's in for a lot of surprises if she's making assumptions like that.

Unfortunately I'm pricing the Caribbean for 2010 and there isn't anything cheap.

Bill

We are sailing in January 2010 on the Triumph out of New Orleans and my daughter is going for $351.73....7 day cruise and we have a Cat 9A...:D

Third/Fourth person rates vary, depending on the ship, sailing, and cabin category. Our teens are sailing for $249 each, plus the $10 per day tips, with us this summer. The price was so fantastic we couldn't NOT book it!

Thanks for the confirmations! That is what I thought too. I actually really don't think it is a good idea for her to bring her 12 yr. old. We asked her and her BF to got with us so we could have some "adults" to hang out with...then she said yesterday that she is thinking about taking him :eek:.

We love the kid, but we were planning on a kid free cruise!

Maybe she will change her mind when she finds out how much more it will cost her.

Just tell your sister that children are charged double the price of adults.

Archived